Captains seat aftermarket armrests

I have been looking at these as well, but wife says....... NO. Be interested to hear/see if you fit them.

Those are the ones I have fitted to the Audi seats in my van, they're sturdier than the OEM VW ones and in my opinion a better shape, though obviously not quite as refined. The foam part does easily detach if you wanted to trim it to match your seats. 20210108_161706.jpg

Only Bad Ones Forgot while doing to take pics of finished from above but did take a few to show how i fitted and where i drilled, Just popped out in the dark and took some from above to show they were straight/in line with seat, (but pics not that good.

Passenger Side: -
Hold the bracket in place with the armrest attached and see position with arm rest closed and open, so you know where you drill will allow the rest to go down far enough and be folded out the way when up, you can see in pic that mine are offset (clockwise on P/side)(anti clockwise on drivers side) 'Not Vertical in line with the seat frame'

There is a Square hole already cut into seat plate, which would effectively be the centre of the spigot (line your spigot up with this as best you can), Top hole for the bolt (10mm for M10 Bolt (not supplied, so get yourself 4 short bolts and nuts)) Was then marked through hole as far over to the right as possible (pic 1). Once this was bolted in the bottom of my bracket sat on the edge of a weld (pic 2), which worked out great to drill it in there. You will see from pics that the edge of the bracket plate protrudes into the seat area slightly, i was going to grind this flush, But..!!! There is thick sponge from the seat covering this, so never bothered and cant feel it now its all finished.

1L.JPG

2L.JPG

Drivers side i just duplicated what i done on P/Side, However, If i could go back in Time I would have held it in place and tried the fit to make sure it opens up and tucks away, and also folds down into position nicely (as i said you should do in description of p/Side, But i was so confident and excited ...! I Didnt..! grrrr)),
The result on that side meant that when adjuster was all the way down the armrest was where i would want it practically, which is good, but that means i couldnt get it to adjust to go any lower, plus when they are both up fully, the drivers side is further back (tilted) where as the p/side is more vertical.
Idealy i should have put top bolt a bit more clockwise (not as tight to the edge that i done p/side). But all in all:
They arrived this afternoon, I was impressed straight away with the weight of them as i was concerned they'll be cheap and flimsy, once box was opened was again impressed with the size of the bracket to be bolted on, this was also heavy duty to feel (weight strength etc) and also i was concerned that looking at the proper vw bracet which is folded around the shape of the folded sheet metal in seat, that this would be stronger once the rest was fitted 'as in pulling the rest from side to side. I thought maybe that this bracket as it was only 2 vertical bolts bolted on one face of the seat, that pulling the rest from side to side might be easier as it would be bending/buckling the seat face, (but no it is solid), so i am well impressed and only took about 1 1/2 hours doing it steadily and not rushing (also 2 sets of covers to remove and re-fit) thats inc clean up, suggest a good magnet to get the swarf up after, try to cover under drilling to catch as much as possible.
pic 1: - bracket fitted (top hole could have been moved clockwise (right) a couple of mm to allow armrest to drop a bit more
pic 2: - bottom of bracket resting on wed (and plate this weld is holding)
pic 3: - another angle of d/side fitted
pic 4 and 5: - side view finished
pic 6: - Drivers all way down (adjustment) compared with p/side all way down. (hence, could have put d/side bracket on a bit more clockwise for it to be able to drop a bit more (i could always ream it out a bit in future if i want, but its right for me so probably wont)
(i did have another couple pics from above showing that they both run straight/parrallel with each other (and the seat), but must have had my thumb on part of the lens so they never fully came out)

1R.JPG

2R.JPG

3R.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Well after seeing photo's above I have ordered via AliExprress and will be here around 12 March (no taxes) Thank you for the instruection and photo's.

Well after seeing photo's above I have ordered via AliExprress and will be here around 12 March (no taxes) Thank you for the instruection and photo's.
Update on the drivers side for you. I took covers back off and drivers seat rest bracket (to revolve bracket clockwise a bit) I ground the edge of the bracket on bottom so the bracket would swing left a bit (a few mm) elongated the hole so it would move then lightly tightened. re- attached the arm rest, folded arm rest all the way up (so it looked vertical when fully open like p/side), then marked through top hole to know how much to elongate that one (used masking tape under bracket for pen to work), So effectively top hole has moved a few mm to the right and bottom hole has moved couple mm to left, now they both as just as vertical when fully up (matching) and both drop equally just as low on lowest adjustment. You shouldn't have to do rhis if you line them up before drilling, but you probably (if you brackets are same as mine) will have to grind the edge off bottom of bracket to get it to go left enough, attached 3 more pics showing 1: how much I ground, 2: Bracket re-positioned (Thought i took pic more square on to see how top hole didnt need to be so close to side like p/side) 3: just a random pic from above to show how straight they are.

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4551.JPG

Thank you so much, hoping they will be with me in next few days. I will take so photo's during fitting and post here.

UPDATE: armrests arrived today. Just got to get bolts and the fun begins. Photo's to follow.

Last edited:
Well spent all day yesterday fitting armrests and using guide from welsh_wizard_1(thank you) they look great.

The hard bit: Getting that angle right.
IMG_2170.jpeg

Driver's side was a pain as had 1 original fitted so had to cut/grind away old bracket.
IMG_2169.jpeg
Then replacing cover and cleaning up. Finished.......
789c184e-12d6-4f9b-95c8-e0ceb7e08deb.jpg
366fb178-b893-4eb0-93f4-c7931007b6e4.jpg
Fitted back in van. Very pleased with quality and finish.

Armrests UP
IMG_2171.jpeg
Down......
IMG_2172.jpeg

There is one other thing I noticed (picture1) the support bracket is 100% stronger than the VW original one. This for those who use the armrest/armrests to climb into bed above is a gift as will support much more weight than VW own armrests. Well worth effort and expense as transforms basic seats.

Looking Good, I havn't had chance to see my mates yet (got proper vw pair) to see if his have more movement, but yes, i could see how these would be stronger with that solid bar you need to screw in rather than that Bush in vw one's that the bit snaps off.

Those are the ones I have fitted to the Audi seats in my van, they're sturdier than the OEM VW ones and in my opinion a better shape, though obviously not quite as refined. The foam part does easily detach if you wanted to trim it to match your seats. View attachment 146447
Hi I'm thinking of fitting these to ahdi seats I have is it difficult to remove the seat coverings ro get ri the framework ? Thanks

Well spent all day yesterday fitting armrests and using guide from welsh_wizard_1(thank you) they look great.

The hard bit: Getting that angle right.
View attachment 147741

Driver's side was a pain as had 1 original fitted so had to cut/grind away old bracket.
View attachment 147742
Then replacing cover and cleaning up. Finished.......
View attachment 147743
View attachment 147744
Fitted back in van. Very pleased with quality and finish.

Armrests UP
View attachment 147745
Down......
View attachment 147746

There is one other thing I noticed (picture1) the support bracket is 100% stronger than the VW original one. This for those who use the armrest/armrests to climb into bed above is a gift as will support much more weight than VW own armrests. Well worth effort and expense as transforms basic seats.
Hi there. Thanks again for the thread. I'm going to do this to mine. How did you position the seat cover to cut the whole? It looks like they stick our further than the VW ones so any tips on hole accuracy would be great, thanks.

Back