Captains seat aftermarket armrests

Well spent all day yesterday fitting armrests and using guide from welsh_wizard_1(thank you) they look great.

The hard bit: Getting that angle right.
View attachment 147741

Driver's side was a pain as had 1 original fitted so had to cut/grind away old bracket.
View attachment 147742
Then replacing cover and cleaning up. Finished.......
View attachment 147743
View attachment 147744
Fitted back in van. Very pleased with quality and finish.

Armrests UP
View attachment 147745
Down......
View attachment 147746

There is one other thing I noticed (picture1) the support bracket is 100% stronger than the VW original one. This for those who use the armrest/armrests to climb into bed above is a gift as will support much more weight than VW own armrests. Well worth effort and expense as transforms basic seats.
Hi there. Thanks again for the thread. I'm going to do this to mine. How did you position the seat cover to cut the whole? It looks like they stick our further than the VW ones so any tips on hole accuracy would be great, thanks.

Hi there. Thanks again for the thread. I'm going to do this to mine. How did you position the seat cover to cut the whole? It looks like they stick our further than the VW ones so any tips on hole accuracy would be great, thanks.
One Thing i noticed since fitting mine, is the vibration/buzz coming from rests, if you turn adjusting knob slightly (anyway) it will go for a bit, then come back again. After Months i got fed up of constantly doing this, so eventually took rest off and stripped the main spring out, and stretched it much bigger then refitting, No Noise since. If anyone does this though, either take pics, or do them 1 at a time, because things will pop out, and even though only a couple of bits to reassemble, its hard to remember which way round they were. So then take 2nd apart (now with more knowledge of whats popping out) to see exactly which way to put both back together again (Hopefully). Any one fitting these, i reccomend steching this before they fit them, saves doing in future. p.s. I also remember reassembling with grease (vasolene, in my case) just anywhere where pastrs touch (to make sure no more vibration in future, and to keep loose)

Take you time with the seat cover before cutting whole. I remember it took ages to pull over bar then mark then cut. I used a soldering iron over bar to get a clean hole (you don’t see it when arm on. Just make sure you get level right. Wife made a sock for the arms out of some fake fur and looks great.

Back