Can't Buy A New 204 Dsg From Vw!

Kingsimon2000

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just got off the phone to get prices on a 150 or a 204 deg and was told I can't order a 204 deg! I can order a 204dgs but it has to be 4motion which stuffs its for vat! How long does the group think we'll know on pricing for the upcoming t6.1? Might have to wait to then before placing an order.. And then brexit might bugger that if I wait till after Oct 31st! Doh.

I'd hang ten dude, like you say new shape due soon enough and if you're buying new you may as well the get the latest and greatest version.

When you say you cannot order a 204, is that because it's been changed to a 199, or they just won't let you order one?

You haven't been able to order one for a good few months now, unless, as you say you want 4 motion. I presume the 199 will be in the 6.1 I've been watching and waiting for a while for a possible upgrade:rolleyes:

I was in a dealership yesterday and asked regards 6.1 and was told they have no info and are not expecting anything soon, all he knew was more info before end of year

After an afternoon of more reading! I'm holding out.. A few more trips to be had over the peaks to Leighton vans for hires..

Just got off the phone to get prices on a 150 or a 204 deg and was told I can't order a 204 deg! I can order a 204dgs but it has to be 4motion which stuffs its for vat! How long does the group think we'll know on pricing for the upcoming t6.1? Might have to wait to then before placing an order.. And then brexit might bugger that if I wait till after Oct 31st! Doh.
Why does the 4Motion stuff the VAT?

Hi Danny. The extra weight of the 4motion mechanics / drive shaft takes away the available payload capacity of the van to 966kg.. below the 1000kg requirement set by HMRC for commercial van status... so if the purchase of the van was personal use only then thats not really a problem.. The problem is that by not being classed as a van you cant claim the vat back... also the BIK for tax if you are ltd company is a bit frightening too.. The dealer is was chatting to the other day think that the new t6.1 will have the weights tweaked so as not to fall foul of this. A bugger as I had found a perfect van in Bristol with all the bells and whistles but it had 4motion which is annoying as I live on the peak district on a 15%road.

Why does the 4Motion stuff the VAT?

Back