Can two adults sleep comfortably in a Skyline poptop?

I had a skyline on my t5 and we both slept up there a few times - off the top of my head it was the same width up top as the rock n roll bed

We use our poptop (not a Skyline) a lot when parked up in location which allow parking for motorhome/campervans. We find to more comfortable than seat bed below and cooler. I'm 5ft.11in and wife is 4ft.9in lots of room. This also includes our cat who will sleep anywhere she likes....
If just parked up in a side street or car park, we sleep downstairs and roof down. The best of both worlds

Last edited:
It depends on how comfortable you want to be, yet alone how heavy I guess (there must be a weight limit on the pop top beds). I personally can't stand sleeping next to someone if I have to sleep like I'm in a coffin with my arms on my chest. We once had to share the downstairs bed and it was more comfortable to top and tail, at least I wasn't totally tempted to gnaw my arms off! We don't even sleep together in the van. She is downstairs, I am upstairs.

It depends on how comfortable you want to be, yet alone how heavy I guess (there must be a weight limit on the pop top beds). I personally can't stand sleeping next to someone if I have to sleep like I'm in a coffin with my arms on my chest. We once had to share the downstairs bed and it was more comfortable to top and tail, at least I wasn't totally tempted to gnaw my arms off! We don't even sleep together in the van. She is downstairs, I am upstairs.
Top and tail we found out recently makes a big improvement if just on the 1 bed especially with the dog taking up space too

We have a Skyline Aurora on our T6. We slept in it for the first time in June on a 9 days road trip. There was enough width and length for the both of us. Didn’t lose any pillows over the edge. When we came to the T6F summer camp we added two additional single inflatable mats under the new double we’d bought and slept much more comfortably; the hard bed board was a bit hard on the hips sleeping on it. Our only issue with it was for my wife getting out of it in the morning and being a little stiff in the joints. Putting the low step under the passenger seat to aid stepping down into the van helped that transition. :)

I don't know how you lot share a bed in a van. She sleeps upstairs and I sleep downstairs... in our house.

Back