Can I change my worn 102W tyres to 97W tyres ?????

Don't think that high enough for any Transporter, what weight do you have T28, 30 or 32? What size tyres do you need?

Yes that's a T28, not sure but I think you would need a minimum of 100 or 101 rating for your van it will depend on the specific axle rating. What size tyres do you need? There's a good chance you could change to a slightly different size to give yourself a wider choice.

I wonder why kwik fit say 97s are OK? The guy said on the phone they often get this with T6 customers

Suggest you drop them an email asking Kwik-fit to sign a statement of compliance based on the advice they’ve given you….tell them you intend to publish their response….and query why you are obliged to assure their professional opinion.

Reactions: Cux
So are 97Ws car tyres?

It’s not as simple as that, as there are so many types of cars. They are probably OK for a smaller van, but not for a Transporter.

Pete

Reactions: Cux
My local dub conversion centre in Lincoln has messaged me stating they contacted Wolfrace ref tyres 102 XL budget for £100 per wheel. I just wish it wasn’t budget.

I’m not sure what the expected mileage is

255 40 20 and 275 35 20 both have the correct load ratings available in premium brands with little difference in circumference, you would need to change all 4 though.

Back