Campsite Hawkshead ish

Chris1983

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

First family voyage in a few weeks, Hawkshead lakes way, looking for a gentle introduction for the good lady wife and children, (I nearly broke her with a wild camp high in devils kitchen in a 1man tent with a Weimaraner once…)

Any favourites anyone can suggest?

Many thanks wise folk

Hi all,

First family voyage in a few weeks, Hawkshead lakes way, looking for a gentle introduction for the good lady wife and children, (I nearly broke her with a wild camp high in devils kitchen in a 1man tent with a Weimaraner once…)

Any favourites anyone can suggest?

Many thanks wise folk
We have stayed at Skelwith Fold Caravan Park a couple of times very civilised! Good facilities nice people, Handy for Hawkshead / Coniston area. Its a big site set in woodland.

There’s a C&CC site within walking distance of the hawk head brewery and tap room

Low Wray National Trust campsite on the shores of Windermere might be a good option.

It's about a 45 minute walk to Hawkshead on a mostly off-road bridleway (so can also be cycled) and the site has all the amenities you'd need to adjust the wife and kids to van camping.

You can also walk to Ambleside but I think some of that path can be a bit dicey on some of the parts where you're walking on the road with cars flying round blind corners at you.

Low Wray Campsite

Reactions: CAB
We’ve booked to go back to Skelwith Fold next week. 3 nights. Can’t wait. We went last summer and was a decent site. Bus stop on entrance handy for getting around. Pic last year:
IMG_3962.jpeg

Back