Camper Storage ideas

bytejunkie

VIP Member
T6 Pro
first up, i reckon this has probably already been covered, but not found a thread with a search.

I'm looking for ideas to help make better use of the storage spaces in our van.
so we've got the big space in the kitchen unit adjacent to the rear seats. behind the sliding doors.
SWMBO and I have discussed some shelves in there .
Probably some sort of organisation in there. I cant be the first thinking about this and i see some creative solutions on here already, so what have people done?

Simplest solution is storage boxes that are stackable but depends on what you plan on storing in them and the types/width of the doors.

We've carved up big spaces into smaller sections that we can just grab, fish out what we want, then put it back in. Saves then having to crouch or bend over looking for what you want

IMG_20210410_181915.jpg
IMG_20210328_162640.jpg

Simplest solution is storage boxes that are stackable but depends on what you plan on storing in them and the types/width of the doors.

We've carved up big spaces into smaller sections that we can just grab, fish out what we want, then put it back in. Saves then having to crouch or bend over looking for what you want

View attachment 112408
View attachment 112409
I like your aesthetics but those dishes and pans won’t look like that after the first bend in the road.
We’ve used crates with dividers, everything has it’s slot so no movement or wasted space.

first up, i reckon this has probably already been covered, but not found a thread with a search.

I'm looking for ideas to help make better use of the storage spaces in our van.
so we've got the big space in the kitchen unit adjacent to the rear seats. behind the sliding doors.
SWMBO and I have discussed some shelves in there .
Probably some sort of organisation in there. I cant be the first thinking about this and i see some creative solutions on here already, so what have people done?
IMO the first rule is avoid taking stuff on a trip ‘just in case’ other than tools and first aid.
There are a few items that have many uses, a good strong bucket and strong clear plastic sacks being a couple of examples.
Avoid heavy breakable items like china plates and cups.
Put the 6 pairs of ladies shoes back in the house when she isn’t looking.

Consider looking at IKEA for storage boxes and bags, good quality and very reasonably priced

This. The Sambla boxes i've found are the best combination of volume and dimensions
I like your aesthetics but those dishes and pans won’t look like that after the first bend in the road.
We’ve used crates with dividers, everything has it’s slot so no movement or wasted space.

Nah, been using the van as a daily driver and there's no movement between the non slip mat and Fiamma Omni Stop for the dishes.

This. The Sambla boxes i've found are the best combination of volume and dimensions

Nah, been using the van as a daily driver and there's no movement between the non slip mat and Fiamma Omni Stop for the dishes.
The dishes stay like this when you are driving?
The rubber mat is widely used at sea, no issue there but they’re not magic.
A5A124DC-DB2B-472E-888C-1EA01535BC81.jpeg

The dishes stay like this when you are driving?
The rubber mat is widely used at sea, no issue there but they’re not magic.
View attachment 112418

Yes, see the plastic arm thats pinning them down? thats attached to the cabinet and has a non slip bit on the arm so there's no movement. Wife does a 32 mile commute in the van while we're waiting on the new car and that includes some hefty roundabouts - Everything in that cupboard is exactly where i put it.

Yes, see the plastic arm thats pinning them down? thats attached to the cabinet and has a non slip bit on the arm so there's no movement. Wife does a 32 mile commute in the van while we're waiting on the new car and that includes some hefty roundabouts - Everything in that cupboard is exactly where i put it.
Ah, thought that was a ladle, ingenious idea!

Hello folks

Just looking for some ideas for storage.

Currently In the middle of putting a floor down but once complete will be installing bed. Apart from under the seat /bed I’d like a box or something to go behind drivers sea Like a pod bug without the kitchen .. just wanted to look at some ideas

Cheers

Not sure what you mean by a pod bug but storage boxes like this one are excellent for camping.

We have a couple, one of which is a ‘bog in a box’ which either doubles as a footstool/extra seat or is moved to the awning if we are using one. The second one is taken folded up (they take up very little space) and can act as a footstool/extra seat if the bog in a box is out of the van, plus easy to access storage, normally for PJs, toilet bags and hand towels for a speedy bedtime routine.

Hopefully I can make something along those lines.. I already have a cadac stove so could incorporate that into the design

That’s awesum that, just don’t like the price tag lol
I didn't either :slow rofl: , but after I'd worked out my costs to make something similar (and time), it wasn't so far off, and this is far from a standard box, it's really cleverly designed so in the end worth the £.

Only word of warning is that the "instructions" are somewhat "limited" if you do buy it!

Back