Camper Mart.

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Tourershine, 9 Jan 2020.

1. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I've just been reminded that its Camper Mart on the 2nd of February.

I've been the last couple of years and although it's only a small show, it's worth the trip if you're reasonably local.

All the information you need is here Camper Mart - Sunday 2nd February 2020, Telford International Centre

Anyone going fancy grabbing a coffee and putting the world to rights.

Volkywagen likes this.
  2. True Romance

True Romance 204 TDi DSG LWB VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Went last year and it was better than I expected but like you say only a small show. Will probably pop over again as it's just down the road from me.

Tourershine likes this.
  3. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Chief Fire Starter. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I'm hoping to make this but we are finishing a big project in Nottingham and that Sunday is the last day. So assuming my lads have done their job on time then I should be good to make it.
    I'll let you know nearer the time.

Tourershine likes this.
  4. Skyliner33

Skyliner33 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

I will probably go again this year. I think tickets can be bought on door and same price as online?

Tourershine likes this.
  5. Tourershine

Map
    It doesn't say the door prices, but I have a feeling they are the same. I'm tempted to buy the Show and Shine tickets just to be able to park with a lot more room around me than the tightly packed carpark.

Skyliner33 likes this.
  6. Skyliner33

My van will be dirty after the drive down though. Would look wrong in show and shine. :(

7. Tourershine

Map
    What we need is someone with a T6 that's full of detailing products :whistle:

True Romance likes this.
  8. Tourershine

Map
  9. Volkywagen

Volkywagen Spot the ball VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Went last year and it was a good - will be going again defo. Happy to meet up for a brew :)

Tourershine likes this.
  10. Skyliner33

Wouldn't that be great if there was one like that going. :laugh:

Maybe there could even be a couple of lessons. :whistle::thumbsup:

11. MrPanic

MrPanic Member

Just up road from me so i'll be going, would be nice to meet up with a few of you

12. MAT@VWT5UPGRADES

MAT@VWT5UPGRADES Member Trade Member T6 Pro

Map
    YES

T6180 and Tourershine like this.
  13. Kyle lannerz

Kyle lannerz Member

I seen this advertised I am from the southwest me and @Reedo were thinking of going as both new owner's, and was thinking is it worth the trip up?

Volkywagen likes this.
  14. Lukavell

Lukavell DITryer VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Maybe next time, it's a long drive from Naples but I'll be back this time next year!

15. True Romance

Map
    Just noticed tickets this year are £12. £2 increase on last years price of £10. Not being tight but that's getting expensive for what it is. Can get into the main caravan and motorhome show at the nec for less than camper mart! No doubt price increase will be down to brexit :)

16. Tourershine

Map
    Or the fact that many of the famous T6F members will be attending ;)

Joking aside, it was £10 when I purchased my tickets a couple of weeks ago, plus £4.50 to enter the Show and Shine.

Edit, unless £10 was the on-line price and £12 is on the door price.

17. True Romance

Map
    Wouldn't be so bad if we got free paint treatment in with the price ;):D

Tourershine likes this.
  18. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Chief Fire Starter. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    We are intending to arrive around 12.
    There is also a tattoo exception in the arena next door so may look at buying a cheap gun thingy for Nuremberg.

moomin-j likes this.
  19. True Romance

Map
    Just got back, ok show with some awesome vans on show (what was with the twin axel?). Fair few trade stands, seemed more there than last year but if I recall the weather was pretty bad in some parts so may have put off a few traders, oh and it was very busy!! Happened to be by the demo stage when think it was go camping were introducing their new pod unit. The guy doing the talk didn't have a clue about it, not idea what is was made from. Nearly fell off my chair when he said they started at £2K :eek: and thats just the unit with sink/burner and no fridge. Best thing about this show is you know the new season is just around the corner :). p.s. thought £12 was a little steep until I saw the price for a tattoo show next door at £20 a pop!

20. Pete C

Pete C T30 102bhp converted to camper VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    We are local to Telford, so popped in for a look and did some shopping. We parked on a standard public car park a short walk away, but even that had a lot of vans in it and was filling rapidly (shoppers and van owners). Big winding queues of people to get in, so we had a look at the vans outside first, and then realised we didn't have the patience to join the slightly smaller queue.
    From what we saw, attendance looked good. Saw @Tourershine van in the "Show and Shine" section, but no-one else.

Pete

Tourershine likes this.