Camper King Le Mans: Leisure battery removal issues

So it turns out there’s a couple of screws in the boot section the other side of the wardrobe. This pulls out a panel so the battery can be slid out and disconnected.

This works as the van now has a new battery in :cool:

There’s also not a gas leak so who knows what the first guy who looked at the van did .

Will probably need to look at the wiring etc and see if it can be tidied up but that’s a problem for another day (possibly following a letter to camper king).

Good result! Although it doesn't say much for the converters that their design has caused so much angst. As to the "gas leak", I gather it's not unknown for a faulty battery to be responsible for producing a false negative for gas.

So it turns out there’s a couple of screws in the boot section the other side of the wardrobe. This pulls out a panel so the battery can be slid out and disconnected.

There’s also not a gas leak so who knows what the first guy who looked at the van did .

Will probably need to look at the wiring etc and see if it can be tidied up but that’s a problem for another day (possibly following a letter to camper king).
Hi - I know the post is now from sometime ago however having the same issues as you. Seems Camperking will only charge to get the Leisure battery removed and not advise anymore. Would love to know how I get access to it as I need to reconfigure the solar controller ( and need the battery info). Any help would be greatly appreciated here.

Hi there, appreciate this is an old post but I’ve got a similar issue. Could you provide more details on how you managed to access the leisure battery? Many thanks if you can.

Hi there, appreciate this is an old post but I’ve got a similar issue. Could you provide more details on how you managed to access the leisure battery? Many thanks if you can.
Morning.

So there is should be a screw on the roof of the inside of the gas locker. You need to remove the gas canister and then unscrew this.

After that there is a bolt in the panel next to the rear plug sockets. Undo this and then you can apparently remove the whole vertical panel. You can then access and slide the battery out. (See attached photos for more info).

I haven’t done this myself so am only going on the instructions the dealer who changed the battery gave me on a post-it note. Camperking’s only response was “It’s a bit fiddly on the Le Mans model”

Hopefully it will help.

IMG_2480.jpeg

IMG_2481.jpeg

Morning.

So there is should be a screw on the roof of the inside of the gas locker. You need to remove the gas canister and then unscrew this.

After that there is a bolt in the panel next to the rear plug sockets. Undo this and then you can apparently remove the whole vertical panel. You can then access and slide the battery out. (See attached photos for more info).

I haven’t done this myself so am only going on the instructions the dealer who changed the battery gave me on a post-it note. Camperking’s only response was “It’s a bit fiddly on the Le Mans model”

Hopefully it will help.

View attachment 226620

View attachment 226621
Thanks for this. Very helpful, cheers

Back