California on Banded Steels

Craig87

Finally decided on some wheels for my Cali MY18. Gone with some 18" banded steels in light anthracite (Van is Reflex Silver) from Duchy banded steels.

I think I'm settled on 9/9.5 front/rear and am having B14s and ARBs fitted in the next few weeks so all in all I'm hoping to achieve a better look, lower, less arch gap, and hopefully keeping the driveability good.

Now on to tyres! I thought I was set on Goodyear Eagle F1 255/45/18 103Y, but I'm being told the rears might see some tyre poking beyond the arch. I really don't want this and ideally want it flush or slightly tucked in and do not want the possibility of catching from sliding door etc.

What's people's thoughts and experiences?

You won't have any issues mate. Duchy has built 2 sets of banded steels for me, including the same 18's as you, and they fit lovely. I'm also running B14 and ARBs, and 255 tyres, so don't worry.
Don't forget some pics, and darn good choice of wheels ;)

Last edited:
You won't have any issues mate. Duchy has built 2 sets of banded steels for me, including the same 18's as you, and they fit lovely. I'm also running B14 and ARBs, and 255 tyres, so don't worry.
Don't forget some pics, and darn good choice of wheels ;)
That's great to hear mate .have you got pics when you were running 18s? Same widths 9.5/9?

That's great to hear mate .have you got pics when you were running 18s? Same widths 9.5/9?

No, I sold my 18's faster than I should of done (famous for my buying and selling sprees) but I have one of @T6180 T6 running the same everything as above.

Jamie form Duchy builds all his wheels to a standard formula unless you request different, so Marks white T6 below will be identical to your set-up.

20180609_130614.jpg

I'm now running a set of Duchy 19's, again, on 255/45s but you shouldn't really look at these, or you might want a set :eek:

20181030_065425.jpg

No, I sold my 18's faster than I should of done (famous for my buying and selling sprees) but I have one of @T6180 T6 running the same everything as above.

Jamie form Duchy builds all his wheels to a standard formula unless you request different, so Marks white T6 below will be identical to your set-up.

View attachment 30978

I'm now running a set of Duchy 19's, again, on 255/45s but you shouldn't really look at these, or you might want a set :eek:

View attachment 30979

Haha I did contemplate the 19s but not sure there will be enough give for me to still use the california as a camper lol!

Is T6180 running same offset etc then as I've seen some running 8.5/9. Wonder what tyres he's running also

Haha I did contemplate the 19s but not sure there will be enough give for me to still use the california as a camper lol!

Is T6180 running same offset etc then as I've seen some running 8.5/9. Wonder what tyres he's running also

The offset should be exactly the same. Jamie builds these wheels exactly the same, simply because he knows the dimensions work perfectly, and I'm sure Marks were 9" and 9.5" with 255/45/18 all round, but i'm sure he will correct me shortly if I'm wrong.

I'm thimking about buying some 18" banded steels. What is the offset on the Amarak wheels Duchy sells? Will 255/45 x18 tyres fit onto 9"/9.5" wide rims? Will they not be stretched too much?

I'm thimking about buying some 18" banded steels. What is the offset on the Amarak wheels Duchy sells? Will 255/45 x18 tyres fit onto 9"/9.5" wide rims? Will they not be stretched too much?

I've got 8.5 fronts and 9s rear running 255/45/18 103 Goodyear eagle f1s and they fit perfect

I'm also running 255/40/19s on my other set and there 9.5 rears and the stretch is spot on in my eyes

I wish I'd gone 9 and 9.5 now to be honest or 9s all round to be on the safe side...how low are you lowered?
I'm not yet. I'd booked in with BM for B14s today but they got the T32 kit instead of T30 so I'm returning in two weeks to have those fitted and hope to have the banded steels by then!

Jamie at Duchy banded steels did all mine and Marks wheels.

If you cannot find his details, PM me for his number.

Back