Banded or Navis?

Bill.

VIP Member
Evening chaps, I’m hoping someone can sway me one way or another, I’m after some banded steel amoraks, but have seen the Navis holeys which look very similar, bandeds seem hard to come by these days, where as I can get the Navis‘s to order, both wheels look great, should I just buy the Navis as there is no bandeds for sale? think I’d prefer 18’s over 19’s though……….mmmmmmm?

going on a caravelle t5.1 but figured I’d post in here as the t6’s seem to be more active on the modding scene these days

is duchy not doing wheels anymore?

feel free to stick up some pics

ps. Anyone selling any bandeds?

cheers

Evening chaps, I’m hoping someone can sway me one way or another, I’m after some banded steel amoraks, but have seen the Navis holeys which look very similar, bandeds seem hard to come by these days, where as I can get the Navis‘s to order, both wheels look great, should I just buy the Navis as there is no bandeds for sale? think I’d prefer 18’s over 19’s though……….mmmmmmm?

going on a caravelle t5.1 but figured I’d post in here as the t6’s seem to be more active on the modding scene these days

is duchy not doing wheels anymore?

feel free to stick up some pics

ps. Anyone selling any bandeds?

cheers
The Navis steels are similar to the banded Amaroks, but a word of caution that the holeys don't look the same as the pictures on the Navis and THQ website. Those are pics of the prototype wheels, which changed before being released into full production. Fewer holes than the Amaroks and the VW centre caps have to be trimmed down around the edge by about 5mm to fit the Navis wheels.

To see the actual wheels, check out the THQ or Navis socials, or have a look at this van that we did the suspension on. If you do decide to go for the Navis steels, we can supply for you as we are Navis dealers.

The Navis steels are similar to the banded Amaroks, but a word of caution that the holeys don't look the same as the pictures on the Navis and THQ website. Those are pics of the prototype wheels, which changed before being released into full production. Fewer holes than the Amaroks and the VW centre caps have to be trimmed down around the edge by about 5mm to fit the Navis wheels.

To see the actual wheels, check out the THQ or Navis socials, or have a look at this van that we did the suspension on. If you do decide to go for the Navis steels, we can supply for you as we are Navis dealers.
I thought the Navis prototype that I saw on Tourashine's van looked good. However I really dont link the production version, for me the holes are too small and spaced out, just look wrong imho.
So as I cant find any alloys I really like I'm tempted to try the smoothies. What's the finish like on these now @The Van Cave , I read it wasn't great when they first came out.

I thought the Navis prototype that I saw on Tourashine's van looked good. However I really dont link the production version, for me the holes are too small and spaced out, just look wrong imho.
So as I cant find any alloys I really like I'm tempted to try the smoothies. What's the finish like on these now @The Van Cave , I read it wasn't great when they first came out.
Agreed. The prototype were very good and exactly what I expected the production version to be. Navis dealer or not, I was disappointed when the production version was released and I got my hands on a set in the flesh.

I've seen a few sets of the black and a few sets of the silver. The gloss black is a good finish, but I still think that the silver isn't good enough to be completely honest. It's a bit too dull, whereas the prototypes were really bright and high gloss. The silver wheels could also do with being finished better.

Agreed. The prototype were very good and exactly what I expected the production version to be. Navis dealer or not, I was disappointed when the production version was released and I got my hands on a set in the flesh.

I've seen a few sets of the black and a few sets of the silver. The gloss black is a good finish, but I still think that the silver isn't good enough to be completely honest. It's a bit too dull, whereas the prototypes were really bright and high gloss. The silver wheels could also do with being finished better.
That's a shame, I prefer silver to black wheels, but don't want to have a new set of wheels refurbed if the finish isn't great :(

Thanks for the information, I see what you mean now with fewer holes, I've had a good look side by side and I definitely prefer the bandeds. I'll hold out for some, but should I change my mind I'll give a shout regarding the holeys, I still like them, just prefer the bandeds

Just to let you know the ones in the pictures are not standard. They have been powder coated by duchy in reflex silver with chrome lips.

Back