Cab Temp Changes When Going Around Bends??

When I've got the heater blowing it runs nice and warm. When I go round a left turn it blows roasting hot air in but going round a right hand bend it blows cold air.

Any suggestions? Please don't say stay on the straight.

Ps the title should read cab heater.

I’ve noticed this in both my car and van! I thought I was the only one! I think it is literally the cooler air shifting around when you hurl it round corners.

The coolant is fine and it's just been serviced. My old defender did this and I found the heat exchanger had an air lock. I wasn't sure if modern cars still used coolant directed through an exchanger to get cab heat.

Yep. They still use waste heat from the engine to provide warmth via the coolant.

Mine does this too...and the wife's Evoque. I put it down to shifting air as it seems more noticeable when the car isn't fully heated.

Mine does this too...and the wife's Evoque. I put it down to shifting air as it seems more noticeable when the car isn't fully heated.

My thoughts too. Cold air is more dense and has more mass so will move about as it has inertia and wishes to continue travelling in the same direction when the vehicle direction changes.

Mine has done this since the EGR cooler was replaced by VW. It was fine before this was done but now it can sometimes take ages to get up to temp and tonight for example, I was driving for an hour on the motorway and suddenly the cab goes cold - in a straight line! It can also suddenly get warm. I had it back into VW to get the system bled again last week as I thought it would be an airlock after the EGR cooler replacement. 2 attempts to fix it and still no joy. Yet another warranty trip to VW looming...

Back