Cab - replace rubber with carpet

Hi Davy Mac.

I'm looking for the black spongy rubber floor for the cab (2 single captain's seats) and what I have at the moment is the carpet (which I didn't want; if I remember correctly it was an automatic option when you selected the comfort dash). Have I got the wrong end of the stick or do I have what you want and vice versa?;)

VW want silly money, of course - close on £670. Seen one on eBay: GENUINE OEM VW Transporter T6 Front Rubber Cab Flooring Mat | eBay. Perfect scenario of course would be a swap. Happy Days for everyone!
Hi. Do you still have the front carpet i am looking for one and I have single seats. Thanks David

Other way round - I have the rubber floor (double passenger seat) and am looking for the carpet.
If you find anyone that makes one will you post it as it would finish my cab off nicely. Thanks

Hi guys, does anyone know where I can get or know the part number for the complete front floor? I’m looking to replace as changing the double front seat to a single leaves two holes in the mat that are bothering me cos I know they’re there!!
Thanks

Is that the man to contact Fish?
Hah, I’m one of Fish’s customers, you see.

I’ll try and dig out the part number - memory tells me it has the same part number as the double-seat floor (but probably has a different suffix letter, or the holes are cut out by the dealer / factory)

Hah, I’m one of Fish’s customers, you see.

I’ll try and dig out the part number - memory tells me it has the same part number as the double-seat floor (but probably has a different suffix letter, or the holes are cut out by the dealer / factory)
Thanks Ads

Try this - but bear in mind it might be a photo of the mat with the holes for the double-seat (it’ll get you started on to the right one if incorrect)

31C8E5C9-943A-4503-AA03-99363B03E300.jpeg

Interestingly there is only one part number for RHD rubber flooring and thats it

Capture.PNG

Well that code is only showing me mats for a double front seat set up not two singles?!
May give Vw a call tomorrow :thumbsup:

Hi Davy Mac.

I'm looking for the black spongy rubber floor for the cab (2 single captain's seats) and what I have at the moment is the carpet (which I didn't want; if I remember correctly it was an automatic option when you selected the comfort dash). Have I got the wrong end of the stick or do I have what you want and vice versa?;)

VW want silly money, of course - close on £670. Seen one on eBay: GENUINE OEM VW Transporter T6 Front Rubber Cab Flooring Mat | eBay. Perfect scenario of course would be a swap. Happy Days for everyone!

Did you find the rubber floor?

It's a VW part so should be available but I imagine it would be expensive
Not sure how confident you are taking the van to bits but it would be quite extensive to fit, the seats and bases would need to be removed completely along with the handbrake as the floor runs through underneath them also parts of the lower dash would need to come off as the flooring runs up behind them and locates over metal studs protruding from the bulkhead

If you are interested I can check availability and get you a price and/or part number for it

So glad I found this thread, I split some water on the carpet months ago, then it soaked into the hardboard flooring under the amtico flooring which bubbled up (I have a camper conversion). I eventually had to cut out the soaked hardboard and replace with sealed ply, but this is getting wet still by saoking up the water in the carpet. I have tried everything to dry it out but it has a skin on the back and cant lift it without taking all the seats etc out.

Im at the end of my teather with it now, the only way to dry it is to take it out since its basically a giant sponge.

Do you have any ideas or know where to get a new carpet or rubber floor?

IMG_4272.JPEG

Some converters sell rear rubber floors that they've taken out of Kombis etc before doing the conversion. It sure if that is what you meant though.

Back