Cab mats fixings

Smileysmile

I own a 2023 T6.1 and the flooring in the cab is all one piece rubber.
I am looking at buying rubber mats.
I've noticed that online mats have fastening holes for fixing to cab floor.

I can't find any holes on cab floor for these mats to fix to.
What am I missing here?

Also, is it better to buy the 2 piece or 3 piece mats? Genuine VW of course. Thanks

I have genuine rubber ones you need to wind the fasteners in to the rubber floor then mats click into place! Not that good to be honest mines always coming loose and when I take mats out to clean under them the fasteners seem to come out with the mats so need to keep winding them back in

I have the heavy duty VW mats and they just stay in place. I wouldn’t screw the plastic fixings into the rubber floor. If I needed to fix them I’d use paracord tied around the seat base fixings.

(The plastic mat retainers have a coarse screw moulded into the plastic which works well into carpet)

I have the heavy duty VW mats and they just stay in place. I wouldn’t screw the plastic fixings into the rubber floor. If I needed to fix them I’d use paracord tied around the seat base fixings.

(The plastic mat retainers have a coarse screw moulded into the plastic which works well into carpet)
Heavy duty? Genuine VW? Do you have 2 or 3 piece? I don't see the point of the 3 piece. Maybe I can use double sided velcro if they kept moving.

There fine, they just sit in place.

But if you really want to fix them in, you can use heavy duty velcro spots or strips.

I wouldn't me making holes is the rubber flooring myself.

I had mine for t5 and used screw fixings into carpet but didn’t fancy piercing rubber when swapping to the t6

Just placed them …. They fit great and don’t move anywhere. Fixings not needed IMO

Heavy duty? Genuine VW? Do you have 2 or 3 piece? I don't see the point of the 3 piece. Maybe I can use double sided velcro if they kept moving.
I have the 3 piece but it's a Caravelle. The advantage for me is that the OE floor is carpet so the extra panel in the middle keeps it clean, especially as sometimes I have to scoot across the front when someone's parked way too close to the driver's door and I have to get in the other side.

If you have the rubber floor and are using the mats to keep things cleaner than I agree I can't see the advantages of the extra infill. Anyway it will only work well if you use the fixings (the Caravelle had them built in)

Back