Cab divider compatible with pop top?

After reading all the positive reviews about Kiravan cab divider blinds, I placed my order, which arrived the same day as my new T6 campervan.
Then I realised my mistake: I don't have a roof to which I can attach the curtain rail! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Has anyone figured out a workaround? Can I shorten the rail and fix it to the front edge of the roof bed?
I only need it for when I'm stealth camping, so it doesn't really matter if it won't work when the roof is raised.
Any bright ideas?

After reading all the positive reviews about Kiravan cab divider blinds, I placed my order, which arrived the same day as my new T6 campervan.
Then I realised my mistake: I don't have a roof to which I can attach the curtain rail! *♂️
Has anyone figured out a workaround? Can I shorten the rail and fix it to the front edge of the roof bed?
I only need it for when I'm stealth camping, so it doesn't really matter if it won't work when the roof is raised.
Any bright ideas?
OK so it took 13 months to get me arse into gear to take some photos and upload. Here‘s my stealth blind, it provides absolute and complete blackout between the cab and the rear. This has allowed us to sleep in many places where overnighting is not exactly encouraged to say the least.
The photos were taken in bright sunlight, at night the blind is more convincing from a view through the cab windows / windscreen.
Fastened to the B pillar trim with HD stud fasteners and at the top with a zip attaching to the fabric access cover to the Reimo roof. Most of the loading is taken on the standard plastic hooks near the top of the B pillars.
Initially the curtain was installed with a horizontal pole sat in the two plastic hooks but this was unnecessary and is no longer used.
It is possible to unzip the top and allow some ventilation from the cab area with the windows lowered slightly within the wind deflectors.
There is a small ‘pocket’ at the lower nearside to allow access to the internal light switch.
All materials were sourced from Ebay; stainless steel stud fastener kit, blackout curtain fabric, fabric webbing and a decorative self adhesive poster for that sun rise wake up experience.
My lady is a bit of a magician with a sewing machine but this one almost tipped here over the edge trying to get the best fit and make it completely light blocking.
View attachment 83580View attachment 83575View attachment 83576View attachment 83577View attachment 83578View attachment 83579View attachment 83580

Thanks DXX. That's a bit beyond my sewing skills, but it shows the principle that a single sheet can easily be stretched between the two B-pillars.

I have one of these, I just tuck into the edge of the (closed) upper bed when we're not using the pop-top.
On our last trip away I forgot to take our thermal screen, and the fleece did a good job - there was enough static in the fleece so fix it onto the carpeting above the front seats.

Back