Buying advice - respray

Wiltshirejay

Hello

we have found a t6 that we want to buy but something is setting alarm bells off slightly.

it’s been re painted from the original colour about 6 months ago, however online reg checks still state the original colour. I’ve asked the owner and he hasn’t changed the V5 to the new colour, should I be concerned or is this an easy thing to sort ?

secondly he’s remapped it from 101 to 140bhp, will the engine be fine with the increase ?

thank you

Did he say why it had been resprayed ? Maybe trying to hide something ?

Pete

Did he say why it had been resprayed ? Maybe trying to hide something ?

Pete
A full respray on a T6, done properly, would cost a very significant amount of money. Given that it can't be more than about 5 years old I think Pete is asking a very relevant question.
I wonder if it's been in a significant collision, I just can't imagine respraying a T6 for any other reason.
Unless I'd stolen a T6 and was just selling it as a clone, albeit a wrong coloured clone. Maybe this T6 hasn't had a respray!
(Sorry, can't help it, seen it too many times, it happens!)
The OP doesn't give much background information about the seller or the vehicle, or any checks already carried out (Do VIN numbers match?) but I think I'd walk away from this one.

As above, if it doesn’t feel right , move on to the next one.
These vans aren’t cheap so you need to be sure.

Not helpful but reminds me of when I got pulled over in the 90's in my red Mini, the policeman said "this car is supposed to be white". I hadn't got round to notifying the DVLA of the respray. We then had a nice chat about the car and the work I'd done to it.

I'd buy a bog standard van if I were you. All the best either way.

What’s the new colour? Is it a custom/ show van?…
Personally, unless there is something unique about that van I’d walk away, there are plenty of others out there and I wouldn’t want to start with any doubts in my mind.

Back