BUSFEST 08-10 September 2017 Malvern, Worcestershire

We don't have a leisure battery so going to be a challenge for us. Pot noodles and candles springs to mind.

We don't have a leisure battery so going to be a challenge for us. Pot noodles and candles springs to mind.
Bit like camping always used to be - we never started using hook-up until a few years ago - now we've gone soft it's usually the first thing we look for in a site lol

The candle flame will melt the plastic carton of the pot noodle! Boiling a kettle over a candle may take a year. So it's probably going to munching on uncooked noodles for you. But let's be honest, that's pot noodle even when you do stick boiling hot water in it.;)

Superb. Sounds like the plan is to use the battery till it runs out then nick one of your solar panels. That's sorted then.... what solar panels have you got. Might be worth an investment to keep the beer cold.

So what happens at one of these fests. What does everyone get up to?

Superb. Sounds like the plan is to use the battery till it runs out then nick one of your solar panels. That's sorted then.... what solar panels have you got. Might be worth an investment to keep the beer cold.

So what happens at one of these fests. What does everyone get up to?
This is the panel I've got - went for it because I wanted something flat to the roof - I had some teething problems with a faulty charge controller in the van but once replaced it now works a treat:- 100 Watt Panel Kit - Black

Can't help with what goes on a Busfest because this will be our first one as well.

Chill/Mooch around/drink beer !
Its one of those things where it is what you make it, theres plenty of trade stands to stroll around during the day and live music into the evenings normally two or three proper setups on stages and one or two DJ vans or similar setup in a corner somewhere if you want to be out and about all the time or you can sit back and chill in the camping area
Theres a whole area with food stands and an indoor hall doing kids stuff/playing movies, its quite a place with loads going on and a largish fun fair smack in the middle

And if it is anything like our inaugral T6F camping trip to Bala, it'll just be a bunch of like minded people, mucking in together, having a laugh, and gnerally just enjoying each others company.

Beer!!. Dont worry about anything else!.
Someone will forget something, and someone else will have a spare to loan..
Someone will have an all singing n dancing van (@BiTurbo ) and some on us will be on bare bones.
I will have gas for BBQ's
If you have a spare beer fridge better chuck that in too.. lol. I had 3 fridges on the go at Bala doing beer stock rotation for @Pauly

Overall dont fret!. Enjoy n make it what you want.

Superb. I'm really looking forward to it. Mostly I'm looking forward to seeing all your vans. I'm going to become jealous of all the shiny bits, make a list of what I want then come home and spend the holiday money on an Liberace themed interior.

Superb. I'm really looking forward to it. Mostly I'm looking forward to seeing all your vans. I'm going to become jealous of all the shiny bits, make a list of what I want then come home and spend the holiday money on an Liberace themed interior.

If it's anything like Bala lake fella, it will be good crack for sure.

Its a great venue. Used to run a Kit Car show at the show ground for years, bumped into Nik Kershaw in the toilets one year who was disappointed with the event...I was to embarrassed so agreed with him and said I was going to complain to the organisers as well.:whistle:

Cheeky Question...

Anyone bring any VCDS tech with them to this event.. I've just read a post on audible beep when locking the van & unlocking the van.. bits n bobs like that would make it a little more user friendly...

I'll bring some beer tokens if anyone willing to do a little wizardry..

No probs if not but no harm in being a little cheeky now and again.. :)

I was wondering the same @Andrew. Mentioned earlier in the thread that sadly I'm working there, unfortunately selling overpriced beer to everyone. Make sure you bring more than enough for yourselves as it's normally about £4:50 a pint. If no one buys beer from the bar I can go off shopping. I will try and do a pop down to the t6 group site with some beers if the forum flag is flying high. I'm hoping to have the van tucked behind a bar somewhere if I can get it on site.

Oh yeah a flag i knew there was something i was thinking about doing !
@Fish did mention something about this, you sorting anything big K ?

I have a 10m pole from funky leisure
1 x flag being made (but with my logo)
Need to fabricate a wheel plate as the one I have seen at too close to vehicle, imo..

Back