Bulkhead that allows rear seats?

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
A couple of months ago I acquired a 2nd hand bulkhead for my twin slider Kombi and its lowered the noise level considerably - but because I have racking it sits slightly in to the 2nd row seating area, meaning I can't fit the 2nd row seats without removing said bulkhead.

Are there any other types of bulkheads that have a different profile that would allow the bulkhead to be fitted and have the seat(s) in place?

Apologies for the poor picture

Thankskombi.jpg

Someone is looking for one in Wanted if you decide to part with it.

Could you make a ply partition and carpet it with the normal 4 way stretch lining carpet? I did my side and roof panels in carpet. It was easy and quietened it down loads. You could customise it eg low level ski hatch for long stuff?

Ian

Someone is looking for one in Wanted if you decide to part with it.

Could you make a ply partition and carpet it with the normal 4 way stretch lining carpet? I did my side and roof panels in carpet. It was easy and quietened it down loads. You could customise it eg low level ski hatch for long stuff?

Ian

That sounds like a great plan if nothing is available - but I do like the window!

Bit of routered timber and some polycarbonate sheet - its used for windows in race cars! Readily available on ebay.

Its the carpet everyone uses for lining their vans. As the name suggests it can be stretched to follow contours of whatever you are covering. My carpet came from Harrison Trim. Technically you wont need it for a flat piece of ply but is relatively easy to work with. It will absorb noise too!

Back