Bulb upgrade

Garyf123

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I have been trying to digest this aftermarket light upgrade subject for a while as my 2020 registered camper lights are pants. I have a load of upgrades in the pipeline but cannot stretch to new headlight units at the moment. Simple question - is there a new bulb that I can just plug and play that will be even slightly better for the short term?

Uprated H4 bulbs will help. I started off with Philips 150% as they had the same lifespan as OEM, but Osram Nightbreakers are popular.

Also, have you adjusted the level with the light adjustment wheel? Can make a difference with a heavy camper.

But best to go straight to OEM H7s for best value upgrade, it's not that difficult, and not that expensive if you keep an eye out for a pair :

Guessing as its a 2020 it will be a T6.1 so already have H7 lights as standard ?

Reactions: CAB
If it’s a T6 with H4 headlights I would recommend not wasting money on upgraded H4 bulbs as they will still be crap. Instead invest the money saved on some secondhand H7 lights. They can be found for £70-100 and are pretty easy to fit. The thread linked above (H4 to H7 Upgrade) has all the information you need if you go that route. I fitted some the other week and am very happy with the result. A massive step up from the horrendous H4s!

Thanks for all advice! I am watching some T6.1 headlights at the moment. Are all T6.1's H7?

Thanks for all advice! I am watching some T6.1 headlights at the moment. Are all T6.1's H7?
So, this has now confused me as well.

There's loads of talk in here about T6 light upgrades but I too have a T6.1 Highline and (naively) assumed that I had H4s.

Please could someone clear this up for all us T6.1 owners. :thumbsdown:

So, this has now confused me as well.

There's loads of talk in here about T6 light upgrades but I too have a T6.1 Highline and (naively) assumed that I had H4s.

Please could someone clear this up for all us T6.1 owners. :thumbsdown:
As @Chippie1 says, H7

You either need uprated bulbs or new glasses :slow rofl:

I suppose another question is have you actually got a T6.1 rather than a T6? Been new to VW's i thought i had a T6.1 based on 20 plate alone!

Hi all again new so don’t shout if I am asking the same question but I do have a 2021 t6.1 with standard headlights so can I just do a blub upgrade with no issues if so please can someone just tell me the make and type to go for thanks

Back