Bulb Failiure Coming On When Drl Connected

Gaz1971

hi everyone I'm after some advice bought bumper drls from forum shop fitted and they work as they should. with ignition on nice and bright switch headlights on they dim as they should but at this point warning light comes on. if I switch lights of they are on and ok if on auto and only come on when headlights are activated. if I disconnect leds from my van circuit no faults so there is no issue with van have earthed them to the body and tried with or without the relay without the relay in the circuit they flicker but no light comes on in van. I have not coded out my drls in my headlights yet which are h4 lights is this likely to be the cause or are they just coded out for appearance as one yellow and one white any advice would be appreciated

That’s a funny one
Where have you connected the power feed to the DRLs, is it all as per the instructions ??
May be worth getting a scan of the van to see what fault is logged and causing the dash light to come on

Its as the diagram shows red wire to terminal one blue to terminal 10 at the rear of nsf headlight connector earth to body soldered wires in. Checked for resistance and continuity at all connectors and joints all check out. The only thing we thought was strange was on the diagram it shows a yellow wire coming out of ecu driver to relay and from relay the yellow goes to red after connector ours is going to the blue, and the blue wire coming out the driver after the relay ends up connected to the red which is the opposite way round to the diagram. but if you swap then around drls work but only in dimmest setting but no light comes on in the van ,but wire them back the other way and they work as they should but light comes on in van. So we assumed that although is was not matching the diagram because they work ok as in bright on ignition and dim when headlights on it was just the way the harness was made. I am going to get someone to code out factory drl but am I right in thinking this is more foe appearance than actually anything to do with functionality.

Back