Broken rear light - just replace lens?

Mistuk

Air-Traffic Controller
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Some kind individual has "connected" with my rear light and broken / cracked it. It's only the lens that seems to be broken - can this easily be related or do I have to replace the whole unit? I've seen some aftermarket "lenses" on eBay etc - but don't know how easy they are to fit?

eBay aftermarket lens

IMG_5034.jpeg

many forum users have swapped out their T6 lights for T6.1 upgrades or full LED upgrades such as THQ ones etc so you might be able to pick up an old pair pretty cheap in the forsale/wanted section?

I’ve looked at whether the lens can be replaced before, it’s a sealed unit. It is probably possibly to break the seal and re-work.
As mentioned earlier there are secondhand lights available, just make sure that the part number matches if you replacing one unit as there are different wiring configurations.
Have a search tail lights are well covered.

Some kind individual has "connected" with my rear light and broken / cracked it. It's only the lens that seems to be broken - can this easily be related or do I have to replace the whole unit? I've seen some aftermarket "lenses" on eBay etc - but don't know how easy they are to fit?

eBay aftermarket lens

View attachment 215144
Yes, just the lenses. You can buy them for around £40-60 from the usual online places
The replacement ‘lens’ you’re looking at is a whole replacement unit. The lens itself would be the section that’s broken, and as @DXX says are a non-serviceable part, but can be parted and resealed with time and care.

Here are some for sale on the forum - they’ll likely be genuine.

eBay aftermarket lens

View attachment 215144
I have on for sale. I damaged the drivers side one with a trailer but the passenger side one’s going spare.

Back