Broken rear bump stop mount

Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I’ve just git a little issue to sort :mad:, just got back from a 2 month adventure and i found an issue, after I removed all the wheels, wheel arch liners and all the bottom trays to start removing all the red dust.

I noticed my bump stop sitting at the bottom of the spring, and it appears I’ve sheared/mashed the bump stop mount….

does anyone know the part number for the plate? Pauly, have you got any idea on the part number. it appears to be spot welded to the chassis, not going to be a fun job…

as for the red dirt in the photo, this is after I rinsed it, tomorrow’s job is to degrease, and then clean of the dirt with foam and the trusty karcher.

D1A54331-CD5A-4B8C-B77C-AADF986A0E49.jpeg

EE7521CE-14E8-4EA6-AF0C-CA31577D4800.jpeg

Just had a quick look and this is the diagram
The actual bump stop is part number 4 and the part number for that is 7H0501191B but i am assuming you want the plate that i have circled in red ? this is not showing as a part so may be shown as part of the chassis ?

1625470278593.png

Hi Pauly,

Yeah its the mount that you circled in red, i couldn't seem to find a part number, i guess because its part of the chassis...

Just scanning through the chassis/body stuff now but cant seem to find it, this is listed for the front and shows replacement turrets for the front but cant seem to find an equivalent for the rear

Capture.PNG

Appreciate your help Pauly,

i've struggled to find anything on the rear, thats why i posted on here, i came to a dead end

It's a lot easier to weld a new mount than, having to fab and mill out a new sleeve for the bump stop.

Im at a loss, just been through all the sections on etka and cant see it, i am going to guess it will be considered part of the chassis

If you contact your local dealer/parts department and point them towards that picture (ETKA illustration 511-000) if they also cant find it they can raise an inquiry up the line to VW technical who will come back with a definitive answer, normally takes a few days but at least you will know for sure one way or the other

thanks pauly,

i'll head down to the dealership and see the boys in the parts department and get them to chase it up with technical if they can't find it.

Good thing that the other side is fine if i need reference dimensions if i can't get a new mount.

Back