Front-end Knock [Resolved]

Gents the knock I was feeling was as per the OP and could feel it thro my feet/pedals, we may be talking about differing concerns
I’m having exactly the same issue, its only when turning or on camber at slow speed i can hear it.

did you get to the bottom of this?

I've had this start on mine recently. The van is completely standard except for 19" wheels. It's still under warranty and in for service next week. Should I refit the original wheel before taking it in?

Reactions: JOG
I've had this start on mine recently. The van is completely standard except for 19" wheels. It's still under warranty and in for service next week. Should I refit the original wheel before taking it in?
For the hassle of 30 mins work I would.

Yeh I’d put the originals back on,

Reactions: JOG
Have this same issue. 2020 t6 knocks when sudden braking, going over small bumps on any surface. Took to local VW the first mechanic said doesn't sound right. Head VW tech said nothing they can do as it's. Known VW fault. Makes me want to sell an expensive van that sounds like a piece of @£#&

Have this same issue. 2020 t6 knocks when sudden braking, going over small bumps on any surface. Took to local VW the first mechanic said doesn't sound right. Head VW tech said nothing they can do as it's. Known VW fault. Makes me want to sell an expensive van that sounds like a piece of @£#&
Same issue here, did you ever get it resolved ?

@MattP @T6 Reiver - I experienced knocking when going over speed bumps. I have vw standard lowered springs but what was happening was the coils were hitting each other. Established vw apparently fit plastic covers around the coils as standard on the T6.1. My local deal added them to my T6 and the knocking sound stopped.

My 2021 swb 4 motion has just started an annoying rattle from the front.
B14 komfort and H&R arbs fitted from new.
Taken front wheels off and checked drop links which are fine.
If I hold the roof bars and rock the van sideways, I can hear the noise.
Coilovers are set to highest level (40mm) drop.
Van has only done 8000 miles.
@Dogs Dung, do you think it could be the sub frame bolts.

Tierod end come may have come loose? Maybe be worth checking and seeing that’s the culprit? I had a knock when turning at low speed or going over bumps. Turned out to be one of my Tierod ends which had come loose and needed replacing..

Tierod end come may have come loose? Maybe be worth checking and seeing that’s the culprit? I had a knock when turning at low speed or going over bumps. Turned out to be one of my Tierod ends which had come loose and needed replacing..

Back