Bike rack for high-roof T6

gfmullin

Hi team, just wondering if anybody has a added a Thule Sport G2 - 2 Door Bike Rack on a barn door high-roof T6? Welcome other suggestions as well.

Hi team, just wondering if anybody has a added a Thule Sport G2 - 2 Door Bike Rack on a barn door high-roof T6? Welcome other suggestions as well.
Finally! A high roof owner looking for a bike rack! I've found this incredible hard. I bought a Thule G2 compact just this week but don’t think it will fit - it needs 55cm+5 for the width plus screw panels. They don’t look like they can fit on the inside of the van. Did you have any luck? If so - any photos you could share? Cheers

Finally! A high roof owner looking for a bike rack! I've found this incredible hard. I bought a Thule G2 compact just this week but don’t think it will fit - it needs 55cm+5 for the width plus screw panels. They don’t look like they can fit on the inside of the van. Did you have any luck? If so - any photos you could share? Cheers
Kia ora, No sadly not, I am still looking- there is also a fiamma 200d which I am trying to find out if it would fit ok? I am based in NZ so its a lot harder to find parts etc.

Bike carriers for Van conversions : Carry-Bike Crafter Van conversion do you think it would be the same with this?

Hi there - so, in the end, I understand no Fiamma or Thule bike racks fit the high-roof twin doors.

I looked at the detail sheet of the Crafter van Fiamma rack you sent - thanks for that - but I think it will be too wide. The problem isn't really the outside of the high roof T6.1 door (although it is also not that wide), but where you would ultimately drill through with brackets - or at least that's what I think. The Crafter Fiamma van version has possibly useful long brackets but I can't see from the docs online how wide they are. I'm pretty sure we could've butchered the Thule bike frame but didn't want to risk the £300 in potentially wasted expense.

In the end I went with a vacuum version - which is used in the Tour de France for bikes a lot.

Link here -- Bike Racks. It's not cheap (one bike is about USD300) but they do ship globally. And it's quick to attach, and doesn't mean drilling into the van door. They can be locked (to an extent) but you can't really leave the bike on the back on the van unattended (which won't be useful for some)

Hi. I'm also looking for bike rack for T6.1 high roof with barn doors and believe this Fiamma Carry Bike should fit. Can anyone confirm?

I didn't find any Fiamma or Thule bikerack to fit a high-roof T6.1.

You'll just have to measure the top of the doors (that Fiamma one says 30cm wide, but the brackets will be an additional 3-4cm each side - that's what the Thule one got me on - 50+5). Then check the length. I couldn't fit the Thule one as the inside of the door was also a problem... and then I'd need to cut the whole thing to fit which wouldve been dodgy

If you buy it and it fits, let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi. I'm also looking for bike rack for T6.1 high roof with barn doors and believe this Fiamma Carry Bike should fit. Can anyone confirm?

Hi @stjomi, welcome to the forum.

You posted a question on Team Leisuredrive earlier about this; if you are getting a SWB then it will have a Leisuredrive roof added on, so you will have the standard barn doors.

The VW factory high roof is LWB only, this will have the extra height barn doors.

Hope that's clear :thumbsup:

Hi @stjomi, welcome to the forum.

You posted a question on Team Leisuredrive earlier about this; if you are getting a SWB then it will have a Leisuredrive roof added on, so you will have the standard barn doors.

The VW factory high roof is LWB only, this will have the extra height barn doors.

Hope that's clear :thumbsup:
Hi. Thanks. Does that mean the Fiamma carry bike will fit standard barn doors?

I didn't find any Fiamma or Thule bikerack to fit a high-roof T6.1.

You'll just have to measure the top of the doors (that Fiamma one says 30cm wide, but the brackets will be an additional 3-4cm each side - that's what the Thule one got me on - 50+5). Then check the length. I couldn't fit the Thule one as the inside of the door was also a problem... and then I'd need to cut the whole thing to fit which wouldve been dodgy

If you buy it and it fits, let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Ok, thanks.

Back