Big budget upgrades

@andys you have roof prep rails installed so will accept roof bars with no additional fixtures. I believe there is also a way of attaching an awning to them although i note you have a windout awnig which should already have an awning attachment rail on the leading edge of the awning if thats what you need

@andys you have roof prep rails installed so will accept roof bars with no additional fixtures. I believe there is also a way of attaching an awning to them although i note you have a windout awnig which should already have an awning attachment rail on the leading edge of the awning if thats what you need
Best news I've had all week. Or even year :thumbsup: :D No I don't want another awning, it's purely for a roof rack

I've seen no news or evidence of this, if you've got a link to some information that'd be great.
Just got this from caravan club...
  • Tourists will not need a visa for short trips to the EU of up to 90 days in any 180 day period. You may need a visa or permit to stay for longer and we recommend checking GOV.UK for more information on how to get a visa or permit.

From this link: Travelling in Europe after Brexit information

Just got this from caravan club...
  • Tourists will not need a visa for short trips to the EU of up to 90 days in any 180 day period. You may need a visa or permit to stay for longer and we recommend checking GOV.UK for more information on how to get a visa or permit.

From this link: Travelling in Europe after Brexit information
So you can still spend 49% of your life touring Europe without getting a visa, and getting a visa isn't a hardship, you'd do it to go to most non EU countries, this isn't likely to be problematic for many British people.

How does it work? This could be an interesting thing to consider. Can it be retro fitted easily?

There seem to be quite a few people who've had the VB system and been a bit underwhelmed, it also doesn't sound like it fits my requirements. If I go for this I think it will have to be ABP and Accuair, now to get some prices and decide on who to trust to fit it.
Save yourself £4500 on VB air because it’s c**p and go for a better air kit

Save yourself £4500 on VB air because it’s c**p and go for a better air kit
I did hear one going on and on about it then he disappeared. I am not looking to be scrapping my arse along the road like a dog with swollen anal glands. This is for functional use not a toy.

I did hear one going on and on about it then he disappeared. I am not looking to be scrapping my arse along the road like a dog with swollen anal glands. This is for functional use not a toy.
That’ll be me, I lost functional use because the tracking went that far out it just wanted to mount the pavement and A&E Leisure in Northwich and VB themselves both turned their backs on on me. A&E leisure then wanted a further £700 to take the kit off, fu***ng scum bags

That’ll be me, I lost functional use because the tracking went that far out it just wanted to mount the pavement and A&E Leisure in Northwich and VB themselves both turned their backs on on me. A&E leisure then wanted a further £700 to take the kit off, fu***ng scum bags
Well you obviously have a gripe and having only heard one side it is hardly right to form a judgement on what happened to you. If you feel so very strongly about things, then why do you not sue them and let the court decide There are plenty of people who have reported positive comments here and else where, who do not appear to have any problems. The system has a letter of confirmation and there is no problem with TUV. While I believe that there is nothing wrong with bringing one own experiences to the table, one asks is it right to carry out a vendetta by trying to put others from following their own path with never-ending rants. I have made my mind up with what I want quite some time ago. There is nothing that has been said here, else where or on other recent posts that could possibly put me off.

Well you obviously have a gripe and having only heard one side it is hardly right to form a judgement on what happened to you. If you feel so very strongly about things, then why do you not sue them and let the court decide There are plenty of people who have reported positive comments here and else where, who do not appear to have any problems. The system has a letter of confirmation and there is no problem with TUV. While I believe that there is nothing wrong with bringing one own experiences to the table, one asks is it right to carry out a vendetta by trying to put others from following their own path with never-ending rants. I have made my mind up with what I want quite some time ago. There is nothing that has been said here, else where or on other recent posts that could possibly put me off.
One is entitled to their own opinion and A&E leisure and VB are members on this forum and they have had more than enough opportunity to make a comment if they so wish. One got fed up with going back and forth to the dealer so I sold the vehicle as I had lost any desire for it and it was 6months old. One does not have a vendetta or never ending rants, their are enough people on here that have had bad experiences from all sorts of dealers, converters, etc but given you have only been a member for 2 minutes you probably haven’t had enough time to read through a lot of comments. One is glad you have made your mind up because it means absolutely nothing to me and one hopes it is what up expect it to be. Good day sir!

One is entitled to their own opinion and A&E leisure and VB are members on this forum and they have had more than enough opportunity to make a comment if they so wish. One got fed up with going back and forth to the dealer so I sold the vehicle as I had lost any desire for it and it was 6months old. One does not have a vendetta or never ending rants, their are enough people on here that have had bad experiences from all sorts of dealers, converters, etc but given you have only been a member for 2 minutes you probably haven’t had enough time to read through a lot of comments. One is glad you have made your mind up because it means absolutely nothing to me and one hopes it is what up expect it to be. Good day sir!

So am I right in this that you sold a vehicle to someone else that you knew had a problem. Passing that problem on to them? Did you make them aware of the problem, because as far as I am aware it is an offence not to do so.

So am I right in this that you sold a vehicle to someone else that you knew had a problem. Passing that problem on to them? Did you make them aware of the problem, because as far as I am aware it is an offence not to do so.
The vehicle was px with with a dealer with said fault being made aware. Not sure you are correct in thinking it is an offensive as the vehicle is roadworthy. Although I think it would be an offensive to sell a vehicle with hub modifications etc that had not been signed off by the appropriate authority but I may be wrong :thumbsup:

While I believe that there is nothing wrong with bringing one own experiences to the table, one asks is it right to carry out a vendetta by trying to put others from following their own path with never-ending rants.
Members experiences and opinions, good and sometimes bad, are the fuel that runs this forum, without which it is pointless.
Reporting a bad experience does not constitute a vendetta and I still can't find a never ending rant.
Before buying a T6 I read on here some real never ending rants about sub standard headlights, constant EGR / DPF problems and leaky side windows.
I bought one anyway because I'm happy to consider all opinions, not suppress them, then make my own mind up and take my chances.
Freedom of speech should be on the endangered list with hedgehogs and great tits!

Members experiences and opinions, good and sometimes bad, are the fuel that runs this forum, without which it is pointless.
Reporting a bad experience does not constitute a vendetta and I still can't find a never ending rant.
Before buying a T6 I read on here some real never ending rants about sub standard headlights, constant EGR / DPF problems and leaky side windows.
I bought one anyway because I'm happy to consider all opinions, not suppress them, then make my own mind up and take my chances.
Freedom of speech should be on the endangered list with hedgehogs and great tits!
Well said, that man.
This forum is brilliant, with comments / opinions, both positive or negative welcomed to be discussed by 1 & all...

The only thing that worries me at the moment, is if the Forum language police are upset at my punctuation!!
@Loz
@JOG
Comments??

Is the above, punctuation wise - ok?
I've reread the above a few times and I think I done good.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well said, that man.
This forum is brilliant, with comments / opinions, both positive or negative welcome to be discussed by 1 & all...

The only thing that worries me at the moment, is if the Forum language police are upset at my punctuation!!
@Loz
@JOG
Comments??

Shouldn't have two '?' next to each other afaik.

Well said, that man.
This forum is brilliant, with comments / opinions, both positive or negative welcomed to be discussed by 1 & all...

@Loz
@JOG
Comments??

I like this forum, particularly because members are respectful towards each other and are willing to help. Occasional flare-ups of "keyboard warrior" type behaviour fizzles out quickly. In my view, the subscription is good value for money - for a little over £1 a month, I am informed, educated and entertained. The only drawback is that the forum is envy-inducing!

There is a separate thread about punctuation, grammar and correct English which is very entertaining. As far as I am concerned, any posting in that thread is "fair game" for a sledging, spanking and general piss-taking. It should come with a warning to "Post at your own risk!" as the eagle-eyed will pounce! In other threads, users should simply be themselves. (By the way @moomin-j, please see @Loz after class - your post is littered with errors! :fast rofl: )

Keep smiling!

Back on topic, I really don't know where to go with this. After loads of research, it seems like none of the air setups will give me what I really want, the Airlift setup doesn't go high enough and the VB system doesn't go low enough and I just don't want to spend £5-6k on something that doesn't give me exactly what I want.

I don't use my van every day, very often not every week and in winter not even every month. When I do use it, it's almost always as a campervan and I travel a fair distance. Trips to Europe will usually involve 3-5000 miles in a fortnight and quick long weekends away are 1000 mile + return trips to the highlands. Driving long distances I like the set up and ride height I currently have, but I want the ability to jack up and travel down the most pot hole filled forest track when I need to (I do this at the moment by driving very slowly, moving around the track to avoid the worst and cringing when I hear a bang, followed by looking under the van with all fingers crossed). I also want to make sure it fits in my garage (Must have), for which it needs to be below 2.09m and I would prefer if it fitted under 2m barriers (Want). It's current max height is 1.97m.

So trawling around, I found a Dutch video on VB air during which the guy measured ride heights from various setups which summed up the issues for me. I've usually measured from the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheelarch as in the ride height survey on here, but he measured from the ground to the top of the wheelarch which will more accurately reflect any changes on the overall height of the vehicle. The heights he measured were

Standard California - 775 mm
VB Sport - 745 mm
VB Off Road - 800 mm
VB Car Park - 730 mm

To put this in context, my current ride height on B14s not all the way down is 700 mm

So even the Car Park mode of VB Air is still 30 mm higher than my normal driving height! And I understand that this is automatically cancelled once you get to a certain speed? So the Sport mode of VB is pretty much the same as the height I would get winding my B14s up to the top and fitting swamper wheels/tyres. If I did this and could put up with a possibly more wobbly and rolly (not a word) ride height, I could still fit in the garage and possibly even scrape under car park barriers if they had a small margin of error.
However this wouldn't get me to the standard ride height, or the very similar VB Off Road height so wouldn't give me the occasional clearance I'm looking for either.

I don't have measurements for the the Airlift system, but by all accounts it doesn't go as high as VB. So maybe the max height I'd get would be the same as my B14s wound up to the top? So even further from the "up" clearance I'd want, but would have the advantage of being able to get down to (and even below) my current ride height.

I'm tempted to put a lift kit on my B14s and sacrifice the on road handling a bit, in exchange for not having to worry about road surfaces I come across. I could even probably still get it in the garage. But the car park barriers would be out of bounds - and that was one of the main deciders in keeping this van and not moving to something bigger... :cautious:

Sorry for the lengthy waffle but sat down and started drinking in the afternoon after a sh*t week.

Last edited:
Back on topic, I really don't know where to go with this. After loads of research, it seems like none of the air setups will give me what I really want, the Airlift setup doesn't go high enough and the VB system doesn't go low enough and I just don't want to spend £5-6k on something that doesn't give me exactly what I want.

I don't use my van every day, very often not every week and in winter not even every month. When I do use it, it's almost always as a campervan and I travel a fair distance. Trips to Europe will usually involve 3-5000 miles in a fortnight and quick long weekends away are 1000 mile + return trips to the highlands. Driving long distances I like the set up and ride height I currently have, but I want the ability to jack up and travel down the most pot hole filled forest track when I need to (I do this at the moment by driving very slowly, moving around the track to avoid the worst and cringing when I hear a bang, followed by looking under the van with all fingers crossed). I also want to make sure it fits in my garage (Must have), for which it needs to be below 2.09m and I would prefer if it fitted under 2m barriers (Want). It's current max height is 1.97m.

So trawling around, I found a Dutch video on VB air during which the guy measured ride heights from various setups which summed up the issues for me. I've usually measured from the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheelarch as in the ride height survey on here, but he measured from the ground to the top of the wheelarch which will more accurately reflect any changes on the overall height of the vehicle. The heights he measured were

Standard California - 775 mm
VB Sport - 745 mm
VB Off Road - 800 mm
VB Car Park - 730 mm

To put this in context, my current ride height on B14s not all the way down is 700 mm

So even the Car Park mode of VB Air is still 30 mm higher than my normal driving height! And I understand that this is automatically cancelled once you get to a certain speed? So the Sport mode of VB is pretty much the same as the height I would get winding my B14s up to the top and fitting swamper wheels/tyres. If I did this and could put up with a possibly more wobbly and rolly (not a word) ride height, I could still fit in the garage and possibly even scrape under car park barriers if they had a small margin of error.
However this wouldn't get me to the standard ride height, or the very similar VB Off Road height so wouldn't give me the occasional clearance I'm looking for either.

I don't have measurements for the the Airlift system, but by all accounts it doesn't go as high as VB. So maybe the max height I'd get would be the same as my B14s wound up to the top? So even further from the "up" clearance I'd want, but would have the advantage of being able to get down to (and even below) my current ride height.

I'm tempted to put a lift kit on my B14s and sacrifice the on road handling a bit, in exchange for not having to worry about road surfaces I come across. I could even probably still get it in the garage. But the car park barriers would be out of bounds - and that was one of the main deciders in keeping this van and not moving to something bigger... :cautious:

Sorry for the lengthy waffle but sat down and started drinking in the afternoon after a sh*t week.

All makes sense to me. The only bit I find surprising is the car park crawler mode being 30mm higher than your current ride height. The car park crawler mode (and no you can’t drive at normal speeds in it) looks pretty low to me, I’m surprised your standard ride is 30mm under that.

Back