Big Brakes: talk to me

Hi oli

An you pm me a price for supply on these please

Cheers
I’m actually out of the country at the minute. If you DM you contact details I’ll get someone from the office to get in touch with some prices.

Does anyone have a tabulation of standard arb diameters please? I've got a t32 and not sure if mine are std or uprated.
Thanks

Just checked the VW parts listings and it shows smaller ones at 22 and 24mm diameter and the bigger ones are 28mm but it doesnt define that against models/van weights

H&R front ARB 26mm, rear 30mm.
I don't know for certain if they're made of a different material/grade of steel. However, the material and aspects of the shape can affect the stiffness as much as diameter.

Anyone how have any tips of where i can get brackets in stock for Brembo 4-pot to OEM 340 disc? Dont need any brake lines etc. so 290 at VBT is a little pricey :s

Bigger brakes do control heat better and can grip the disc harder without locking up. These are benefits and although it’s an expensive upgrade worth doing .

View attachment 203408
Hi @CRS Performance, please explain how this is possible - "can grip the disc harder without locking up".

If the standard brakes can supply enough torque to overcome the friction between the tyre and the road then surely that is the maximum force the brakes can without ABS kicking in (or wheels locking). Without increasing the friction between tyre and road (ie to stop it slipping/skidding) and the ABS kicking in then as soon as that same maximum torque is reached then the wheel will skid and ABS kick.

Lets make up some numbers to try to make my point. Lets suppose the OEM brakes overcome the friction of the tyres at say 100Nm of torque. Then surely as soon as the larger disks and callipers reached the limit of 100Nm then the tyre would start to skid. All other things being equal.

I understand that to apply this limiting force of 1000Nm the larger callipers would have to apply a smaller force as the radius of the disk is larger.

I also get the benefits (of the right set up) can improve feel. But also mis-matching the slave pistons in the callipers to the master cylinder can adversely affect pedal travel and hence brake feel (this is the reason the TAR.OX big brake kit was delayed).

Maybe @Nutexa Frictions might have some input into this?

Hi @CRS Performance, please explain how this is possible - "can grip the disc harder without locking up".

If the standard brakes can supply enough torque to overcome the friction between the tyre and the road then surely that is the maximum force the brakes can without ABS kicking in (or wheels locking). Without increasing the friction between tyre and road (ie to stop it slipping/skidding) and the ABS kicking in then as soon as that same maximum torque is reached then the wheel will skid and ABS kick.

Lets make up some numbers to try to make my point. Lets suppose the OEM brakes overcome the friction of the tyres at say 100Nm of torque. Then surely as soon as the larger disks and callipers reached the limit of 100Nm then the tyre would start to skid. All other things being equal.

I understand that to apply this limiting force of 1000Nm the larger callipers would have to apply a smaller force as the radius of the disk is larger.

I also get the benefits (of the right set up) can improve feel. But also mis-matching the slave pistons in the callipers to the master cylinder can adversely affect pedal travel and hence brake feel (this is the reason the TAR.OX big brake kit was delayed).

Maybe @Nutexa Frictions might have some input into this?

Ill find time to do this for you

Back