Bi-Xenon or LED Projector retrofit

I'm not sure if the T5 used the same sealant as the T6 does, I can't imagine VW would have changed it. I opened up my 2003 Caravelle Headlights to paint the inside, non reflective parts black by putting the whole unit in the oven. This allowed the seal to become flexible, allowing me to carefully peel off the outer lens. I just reversed the process to put it all back together. It worked a treat and I never had any issues with leakage or looseness. I did however have the cash to buy a new set of lights if I cocked it up!

I can't remember what the temperature was but I just had a look at the old thread in another forum and apparently the info is out there in that forum and another. Anyway here is a pic:

2003_Velle.jpg

Can anyone help me out with a contact number for em tuning? The only one I can see on the FB page doesn't connect

I used EM Tuning to upgrade the H4 units.
Probably one of the best mods on the van, they're easily as bright if not brighter than the OEM LED headlights (I have tried them side by side for comparison)

I used em tuning to upgrade the H4 units.
Probably one of the best mods on the van, they're easily as bright if not brighter than the OEM LED headlights (I have tried them side by side for comparison)
brilliant! how much if you don't mind me asking? any pictures? where are they the websites not great. Does affect an MOT?

Price depends on which projector,ballast,bulb combination you go for. If you speak to Trup he'll give you the options and is a wealth of knowledge on the subject.
In theory it's not good for the MOT but yet to hear of any failing.

I'd originally looked at the aftermarket units offered with the led Drl's and whilst they might look better on the outside the light output is still pretty rubbish.

IMG-20191128-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20191128-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20191128-WA0010.jpg

I wouldn't worry about an MOT. My import 2016 Honda has oem led headlights and doesn't come with self levellers or headlight washers as standard and passed it's MOT fine. It even went through the super hard IVA test.
My other Honda prelude has had his projector retrofits since 2012 and passed every MOT without any mention of the lights.

Van looks great! Thanks for the info on MOT. What would the reason for failure be if it did happen? Cheers Tiff

I'm tempted to grab some a set of the Bi-LED Morimoto M LED, they are available here in Aus for the RHD and i could try and fit them myself.

Just would have to work out how to open the front of the headlight:whistle:

What would the reason for failure be if it did happen?
You could be failed on your MOT for using non halogen source of light in the headlamp designed for halogen bulbs only.

Reactions: mmi
I'm tempted to grab some a set of the Bi-LED Morimoto M LED, they are available here in Aus for the RHD and i could try and fit them myself.

Just would have to work out how to open the front of the headlight:whistle:

Wait for version m-led 2.0 the LHD versions come out on the 15th december. The RHD come out late Feb/March and they are a huge improvment in light output, width and even distribution.
That's what I'm waiting for but for my other car. Van already has oem led.

That is good to know, i don't mind waiting a little longer, I've put up with it for a while, what's a little longer

Are you fitting these in a H7 or H4 Headlight?

As i guess you have to buy an extra set for high beam in the H7

These are going in my Honda Prelude which currently has infinity fx hid retrofits from 2010 era.
I have oem led lights on my t6. I paid the £1300 extra (worth it) and I have oem led lights in my other 2016 Honda s660. Both are superior than my preludes hid retofits.

In your t6 headlights these will replace the h4 bulb and you can wire the h7 bulb in to have a dual high beam. You won't need 2 sets.

Back