Bi-Xenon or LED Projector retrofit

Cheers Ratty,

I've got the H4's so it will be an easy fix.

I wish the OEM LED option was available when i ordered my MY17, it was available for the My18 here in Aus, although as a $2000 AUD option when it was released.

Cheers Ratty,

I've got the H4's so it will be an easy fix.

I wish the OEM LED option was available when i ordered my MY17, it was available for the My18 here in Aus, although as a $2000 AUD option when it was released.

That's odd it wasn't available from day one. I ordered my van with them in April 2016.

That's odd it wasn't available from day one. I ordered my van with them in April 2016.

Im in Aus, so we tend to miss out a bit when a new model is released.

The My17 Multivans had the option for LED, but the Transporter didn't have the option at the time.

I'm interested, to see how these M LED 2.0 versions perform, i got a quote back today from the retrofitter here in Aus that supplies the M LED, i can live with it, if i can see at night.

but ill wait until 2.0 is available if it isn't that long away for the RHD version

Here we're getting about 8 hrs of daylight per day at the moment hence the various panic stations threads on lousy T6 headlights.

Hi,
I am new to this forum.

I have a 2019 T6 with standard H4 halogen reflector lights. They are dreadful!

Has anybody fitted H4 Bi-Xenon HID bulbs? if so what was your experience?
for example these H4 HIDS4U HID Xenon Conversion Kits. I am thinking about the 55W version, which suggest a 400% increase. Though they say 35W gives a 300% increase in output. Both sound amazing... They seem to be CANbus compatible too. It sounds too good to be true..

Just changing your H4 lamps to Hid lamps will be too good to be true as there's going to be a bit of light spill with possibly 100% of that extra output going all over the place and causing mayhem.
What Ratty in particular is talking about is retro fitting a Hid or LED projector module, that's lamp/reflector/lens complete, into a standard reflector type headlight shell.

Anyone, used the H7 headlight to incorporate LED Projectors in the H7 and H1 with the H4 splitter M LED projectors:eek:

Quad projectors :D, im not sure the projector would fit in the H1 main beam area though.

A simple piggy back loom to combine the two, should would if you already have the H4 candle setup

Hi,
I am new to this forum.

I have a 2019 T6 with standard H4 halogen reflector lights. They are dreadful!

Has anybody fitted H4 Bi-Xenon HID bulbs? if so what was your experience?
for example these H4 HIDS4U HID Xenon Conversion Kits. I am thinking about the 55W version, which suggest a 400% increase. Though they say 35W gives a 300% increase in output. Both sound amazing... They seem to be CANbus compatible too. It sounds too good to be true..

Don't use hid bulbs in halogen reflectors.
Halogen, hid and led all use a different point light source and thus sit differently in a reflector housing and add glare where is not desired.
If using halogen reflectors and you want to upgrade use morimoto 2 stroke led 2.0 bulbs.
Expensive and yes you will have to import from the usa. I use these in my halogen high beams. Unreal light output, plug and play and are designed for halogen reflectors so they don't glare at all and stay aimed correctly.

H4: Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0

Last edited:
Reactions: KR.
The Bi xenons on the left are all over the place. The right projector needs to be aimed higher and both look tilted anticlockwise unless the van is on a side slope.

In the region of 600, but can go up or down slightly depending on which bulb/ ballast/projector combination you go for

Yes that's for a pair (plus postage) I sent my old H4 units off and they came back fitted with the projectors and bulbs. The company that did my conversion then fitted everything to the van.

Send an email to

sales@emtuning.co.uk

They'll go through the options and pricing with you. IMO it's the best bang for your buck if you're looking to change the H4's for better light output.

Back