Bi-Xenon or LED Projector retrofit

CRD

T6 Guru
@Pauly, a man of your means will be all over this. I know you have fitted rear leds but I am unsure what you have on the front of your van.
Take a look at this- Bi-xenon Mini D2S 3.0 twin HID kit | Retrofitlab.com

This is a kit recommended by the makers for the T5.1, I have e-mailed them for info on recommended kit for T6. Opening up the headlamps to fit the projectors is a bit of a faff (melting butyl rubber seal to split) but looks doable for the adventurous amongst us.
The company do a fitting service but looks a bit expensive.

Example of the kit being fitted to an H4 Alfa Romeo headlamp ass'y

I have standard H4s on mine
Already explored that route and to do this properly i was looking at H7 lighitng units using morimoto projectors and its over £1k to produce a pair without any fitting/wiring ?!?!
T6 headlights are difficult to split the process takes a while

I am now looking at retrofitting standard H7s and a variety of different lamp types and wattages for H4s to see what options we have, unfortunately very busy with work (proper work that pays the bills :laugh: ) so had to sideline this a bit for the minute but will be ongoing on the next couple of months

Reactions: CRD
Somethings not right with those ??
T6 parts numbers should be 7E0 and they are 7E2 but the price is about right you are looking under £400 for a pair of T6 H7 headlights

I have really come to love my standard H4s on the front. Love my rear LEDs but in rush to change the front until I know it's something we can trust. I had full LEDs on my GTi and they were like driving in daylight but got used to the yellow glow now!

I have really come to love my standard H4s on the front. Love my rear LEDs but in rush to change the front until I know it's something we can trust. I had full LEDs on my GTi and they were like driving in daylight but got used to the yellow glow now!
I have changed my headlamp bulbs to Ring +120% xenon and have noticed when driving into work on the dark mornings that they are acceptable (just).
But then I'll drive my wife's mini with LEDs and realise they are not a patch on them

Drove our Yeti xenons in the dark last night used to think they were great but compared to leds on the van not so good.....

Can anyone tell me what the type of headlight sealing that is used for the T6 Transporter H4 globes (image attached). Butyl rubber or Permaseal? I believe the butyl is easier to open.

I would like to open the headlights up and fit either the Morimoto Mini Bi Xenon DS2 projector or the new led projectors that look very good.

HID & LED projectors : Bi-LED: Morimoto M LED RHD

Rob

IMG_1694.JPG

I don’t know the term/answer but I have had a chat with a company that do this and was told there are two ways the headlights can be sealed and the T6 uses the type that is more difficult to separate ?

I didn’t know you could get options like that. What’s the situation with the latest MOT rules?

I did hear/read that the MOT will be paying more attention to headlight output as apparently there are too many reported cases of dazzling by DIY conversions.
Similar to the tightening up of Cat and EGR removals.
Zenon and LED headlights require auto levelling and washers.

I did hear/read that the MOT will be paying more attention to headlight output as apparently there are too many reported cases of dazzling by DIY conversions.

I thought LEDs didn’t need washers?

I didn’t know you could get options like that. What’s the situation with the latest MOT rules?

I think the MOT rules are to catch the guys that just replace with those super bright and annoying ebay kits and just use the standard reflectors. Mine were fully retro fitted with LED projectors which worked with the manual level controls.

I think the MOT rules state where fitted, washers and levelers must work. I never had a problem with mine during last years MOT.

Main criteria seems to be that the light units must be type approved. A valid CE making.
Auto levelling and washer systems would be in the 'owners risk' category if not fitted.
There are LED headlights on the market that aren't as such, merely LED DRL's fitted with conventional dip and main beam bulbs.

I had BiXenon lights and levelling fitted on my old van. Didn’t have the washers though. It passed 3 MOTs without a problem.

I don’t know the term/answer but I have had a chat with a company that do this and was told there are two ways the headlights can be sealed and the T6 uses the type that is more difficult to separate ?
Sounds like Permaseal. I was hoping it would be butyl!

I live in Australia. We don't have any authority like MOT checking our headlights!

Back