Best Sized Tyres For Banded 17 Inch Wheels

michael thorpe

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi looking for some advice before my head explodes what would the best size tyres to put on 17x9 front and 17x9.5 rear rims I’ve looked on a rim size width/ calculator and it’s giving me a choice of 30 sizes I want to drop it about 50 mm on B14s.
Thanks

Depends on what look you want to achieve? Stretched look, stock look, chunky look?
Did you want to stick to correct load rated sizes?

I've had the 18" banded steels, and now the 19" banded steels, but I prefer the commercial look, with the correct load ratings, which means I have to run 45 profile tyres. Others will prefer 40 profiles, to give a slimmer wall tyre look. Others that are normally on stuff like air, will want their tyres like rubber bands and super stretched to enable them to air out without bursting the inner arch liners.

It is a total headache trying to find the right size, but once you narrow down a few factors, this drops the amount of tyre sizes you need to choose from.

My best advice is to scan through here, but not many are running banded 17s, or look through Instagram/ Google images at what you like the look of, then you might find the size.

Lastly, bare in mind a 50mm drop on B14s, isn't belly low, so a 17" wheel with a lower profile tyre might make it look like it has a big arch gap.

Nice always liked those rims Don’t think I will go any bigger than 45 that’s what I have on now on 18s and like the ride

Back