Best option to sort out this slightly shoddy workmanship

If you don't name and shame them, you're doing the camper community in general a disservice as we should all know who the cowboys are to avoid them. I'm not a lawyer but I strongly doubt that the firm concerned could ever take you to court on this issue unless there's something else going on that you've not made us aware of. As I said before, don't be bullied.

Some of the comments above are mental. Citizen advice and trading standards FFS

It is 8months old, and you aren’t the original buyer, they have absolutely no obligation to deal with you or fix it.

Its a lesson, You didn't look closely enough when you bought it, you'll not do that again.

Sorry to say that I agree with the above.

At least you received some measure of compensation from the seller.

Some of the comments above are mental. Citizen advice and trading standards FFS

It is 8months old, and you aren’t the original buyer, they have absolutely no obligation to deal with you or fix it.

Its a lesson, You didn't look closely enough when you bought it, you'll not do that again.
This is the unfortunate truth and also why they could issue the “cease and desist” letter (basically, stop hassling us)

I missed the later post that said it was an eight month old conversion but I still say name and shame the firm. However, I would also add that I suspect you ought to just suck it up and fix it yourself (or get it fixed) - I doubt if it would be a major task or one that takes too much skill (unless there's more than the pictures show).

Tbh £700 should smash that trim work.
Looks like a bit of carpet replacement around the front frame. I would think you can cut out the bad stuff and glue on new stuff neatly and not see the join if you join it in internal corners.
Then I’d think it needs a replacement headlining and spend some time templating and then cut it to fit nicely round the front of the pop top trim.
Or…. retrim the headlining an black alcantara or similar and hide those shocking cut edges.
A bit of time and it shouldn’t cost too much.

So the roof is going to be sorted out over in Romford so Thankyou Brian at All Hoods Ltd. Very experienced and knowledgeable and was appalled by the absolute disaster of a job that the previous owners Campervan conversion company saw fit to send out without a thought! No names mentioned!!

Reactions: CAB
Then I’ll move onto the kitchen window fit.

I’ve been advised that taking off the grey panel behind the window and reshaping and attaching the van blinds to the back of the window panel should solve the error with the fitting and then a low slightly deeper splash back behind the sink and hobs that with allow the glass covers to come up flush together.

Without prejudice @&&@@&@@&@@@ are really showing their true colours, I’m in the process of speaking to my solicitor due to being issued a cease and desist order which was emailed as a scare tactic and downloaded off a template site to stop me from sharing my bad experiences with their terrible customer service and lack of responsibility for the job they completed.
Even if I wasn’t the original buyer of there services and build it’s shoddy like the finish of the van!!

Without prejudice @&&@@&@@&@@@ are really showing their true colours, I’m in the process of speaking to my solicitor due to being issued a cease and desist order which was emailed as a scare tactic and downloaded off a template site to stop me from sharing my bad experiences with their terrible customer service and lack of responsibility for the job they completed.
Even if I wasn’t the original buyer of there services and build it’s shoddy like the finish of the van!!
Some friendly advice: Don’t spend any money on a solicitor.

Unless their warranty is declared as transferable, they are not obliged to do a thing. They can also ask you to leave them alone (cease and desist) as they have no obligation towards you.

There is more than one way to skin a cat!!!

Thankyou for all your honest feedback, I’m not a unreasonable man nor out to name and shame. All I done was just put it to the original converters to ask their opinion on the snags that really shouldn't have left their premises.

I understand the side that they don’t have to help me out but if they can finish a job like this and feel happy putting their name to it well that wouldn’t be too fair to the next customer that might need to go through all the same negative support and customer care and time returning their pride and joy back to get fixed again and again!!

“This is the work done and this is who did it” is fair comment. Some may view it as “name and shame” but that is based on their assessment of the what was presented. If you comment further, the door is closing on your opportunity to show who did what. Comment less and let the message presented stand for itself.

Back