Best option to sort out this slightly shoddy workmanship

Bazaboy66

T6 Pro
Best option to sort out this slightly shoddy workmanship on the left and right side of the pop up sliding hatch from a skyline LWB install

027E940A-A58E-42B2-9AAB-269E9297C7C9.jpeg

E4EE88C3-7304-4CCF-8740-27F18E05D695.jpeg

My initial thoughts..
Plastic panel off and reshape the edge.
Remove that bead of carpet edging and replace with matching carpet (it should be easy enough to get hold of) or use contrasting material, if not.

Yeah, that's not right. Looks saggy on the bit behind the headliner as well.
I have a carpeted angle strip that covers the edge around the cutout, contrasting colour.

@Bazaboy66. Take it back and get them to sort it out. That is a very scruffy bit of work and they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it, particularly with the sort of money that you must have paid. If they don’t fix it, name and shame them.

Yeah, that's not right. Looks saggy on the bit behind the headliner as well.
I have a carpeted angle strip that covers the edge around the cutout, contrasting colour.
Can you send pics please. Cheers

@Bazaboy66. Take it back and get them to sort it out. That is a very scruffy bit of work and they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it, particularly with the sort of money that you must have paid. If they don’t fix it, name and shame them.
I’ll be contacting both companies as one company completed the skyline install and another the inside conversion. In general I’m very happy with 99% of its completion but just a few bits that are not acceptable. I’m not the original buyer that went through the conversion process but will get this resolved I’m sure.

Because I’m a private buyer and not the original buyer from the conversion company and offered no warranty and very bad customer support after contact they are taking no responsibility for the workmanship on this 8 month old conversion. I won’t be naming and shaming this company and without prejudice due to a cease and desist demand I will comply but will add all my lovely van pictures or the ones that need resolving by a outfit that know what there doing!!

BE5EF802-444D-4FC9-858A-CC6215A7C8FB.jpeg

97F8968F-8568-4E31-9377-CEA5B4E965B1.jpeg

1C946EEA-6FA7-423A-80FD-78D299527CAE.jpeg

B0D28336-9409-4C52-AE1F-B74C48614BCA.jpeg

AEB00A22-249C-4DF7-9F6D-5B57A163B389.jpeg

Some rough work there - they should put it right, but if they just don’t want to they deserve to be called out for being so unreasonable. If the work was only done a few months ago, it’s very poor form on their part to shy away from responsibility. Any reputable company wouldn’t be arguing.

And what’s the cease and desist angle? is that by you or them? Can’t see any reasonable angle for them to go that route with you as it’s their work at issue. You just want it remedied. May be worth a chat with trading standards or citizens advice.

Just became very tired of their excuses and said I’d call them out for their terrible work. Just come back with I’m not the original owner and warranty isn’t covered. I they issued it through email. I know it’s a tactic to keep me from naming them so I’ll abide by its words. Just need to get it all sorted and move on. Original seller has forwarded £700 as a goodwill gesture. Which was amazing really.

Just became very tired of their excuses and said I’d call them out for their terrible work. Just come back with I’m not the original owner and warranty isn’t covered. I they issued it through email. I know it’s a tactic to keep me from naming them so I’ll abide by its words. Just need to get it all sorted and move on. Original seller has forwarded £700 as a goodwill gesture. Which was amazing really.
I’m looking for a converter, I like the look of your van. Who converted it?

Good gesture from the seller. But not sure the company’s position on warranty would stand up to scrutiny. Got to be worth a chat with citizens advice

From CAB website:

If you don’t notice a problem straight away​

It might not be obvious at the time that the service wasn’t done to a good standard, eg you hired a ‘man and van’ to help you move house and found a broken ornament 3 weeks later. You’re entitled to ask for things to be put right for:

• up to 6 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
  • up to 5 years in Scotland

I’m looking for a converter, I like the look of your van. Who converted it
From CAB website:

If you don’t notice a problem straight away​

It might not be obvious at the time that the service wasn’t done to a good standard, eg you hired a ‘man and van’ to help you move house and found a broken ornament 3 weeks later. You’re entitled to ask for things to be put right for:

• up to 6 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
  • up to 5 years in Scotland
They just are not taking responsibility and warranty isn’t transferable!

It’s disappointing but I’m 95% happy with the conversion when I brought it. Just a bit of snagging to sort out!!

5F9DC87C-A328-4A16-973E-869F53FDA856.jpeg

7464A2B5-A68E-4D58-A409-85D3ECC4B1C3.jpeg

24F35871-323E-4C4B-9650-E446A2463A50.jpeg

E8A5BAA1-686A-4C0C-94DF-E2398A702306.jpeg

77581DDA-1485-4E0B-BAA0-9D61071A7FD8.jpeg

In a van that otherwise seems to look high quality, the problems seem like they are simply due to laziness and very shoddy workman/woman/personship. Just post the name of the firm and don’t back down in the face of what I would consider to be bullying.

Back