Best ice scraper, Screen Covers and Heated Washer Jets

I don't get the point of heated washer jets, just use a winter screen wash. Heated jets won't keep system working anyway in winter if you use normal screen wash.

I don't get the point of heated washer jets, just use a winter screen wash. Heated jets won't keep system working anyway in winter if you use normal screen wash.
It overcomes the windchill when driving that will freeze the winter screenwash.
I’m currently using winter screenwash undiluted in the van and our mini. Last week the mini washers stopped but the van didn’t.

How many windscreens do you have? o_O
i have two screens . . . car & van. :p

but @ £12.12 delivered for four . . .

that's a bargain and cheaper than the rest.

so ill start using one, and keep three in stock.

:mexican wave:

as they are plastic I've found that tough ice will damage the leading edge of the scraper with use . . .

so ends up scraping rubbish . . .

like this one from last year . . . . . . .

so i just thro that one in the box and start using a new one . . .

1671358721713.png

1671358747095.png

this is my current one . . . . .

:rofl:

1671358976455.png

1671358999670.png
1671359013769.png

When you lot scrape your screens, do you carefully follow the arc of the wipers so as not to disturb the even film of dirt that the wipers don't sweep? It's like when I clean the lights. I don't go as far as masking around them. but I'm oh so careful not to clean a bit of adjacent bonnet or grille.

No? Just me then.

When you lot scrape your screens, do you carefully follow the arc of the wipers so as not to disturb the even film of dirt that the wipers don't sweep? It's like when I clean the lights. I don't go as far as masking around them. but I'm oh so careful not to clean a bit of adjacent bonnet or grille.

No? Just me then.
No....?

Not me. :x3:

No? Just me then.
SWMBOs car has scratches in the glass which you can see in low sun conditions, which I think has been caused by grit / traffic grime dragged across the window by the scraper. I’m trying to wash the windows more often even if the whole car/van doesnt get done.

@Ali-G I think it’s probably because the washer jets are more exposed whereas the the washer bottle and pipes are under the bonnet

It depends on the original build spec. (I think on mine it was part of the vision-pack?)

But you can tell by looking at the passenger bonnet hinge to see if you have just a water pipe....

Or water pipe and wires.

If it's got wires it will have heated jets.

It's a bit dark to get a pic...
thanks (& for the pictures) @Dellmassive :thumbsup:

Windchill has no affect on inanimate objects. :thumbsup:
If the vehicle was sat still the heat from the engine would warm up the nozzles from below and the heat would transfer up through the nozzle. If you are pushing through the cold air at speed you are increasing the cooling affect of the wind passing over them like blowing on a hot surface. So wind chilling not windchill if you are being pedantic :)

If the vehicle was sat still the heat from the engine would warm up the nozzles from below and the heat would transfer up through the nozzle. If you are pushing through the cold air at speed you are increasing the cooling affect of the wind passing over them like blowing on a hot surface. So wind chilling not windchill if you are being pedantic :)

No, not being pedantic, it's just that you said that the windchill would freeze the screenwash.
It overcomes the windchill when driving that will freeze the winter screenwash.

The washer nozzles cannot get any colder than the ambient air temperature, regardless of speed, so windchill cannot freeze the screenwash if the outside temp is above freezing.

No, not being pedantic, it's just that you said that the windchill would freeze the screenwash.

The washer nozzles cannot get any colder than the ambient air temperature, regardless of speed, so windchill cannot freeze the screenwash if the outside temp is above freezing.
But it wasn’t above freezing all last week -8 from here to Yate every morning taking Jr to work cos of the train strike.

two updates. . . .

1st:

as above, i managed to get the black screen cover back in the bag - sort off.

1671555533399.png

2nd,

the new silver screen version has arrived. . . .

1671555579419.png

bit busy atm . . . so ill give it a tester over the next day or so.

Yep on the van it's heated washer nozzles, on other car not heated, still works fine with a winter wash of minus 15 ish
My washer bottle was empty -ish so I filled it with -25 for my ski trips but it still froze at -10!

My washer bottle was empty -ish so I filled it with -25 for my ski trips but it still froze at -10!
I think you have been cheated, someone has watered it down. We had minus 10 the other night, my minus 15 was still liquid as I topped up in morning.

Back