Best ice scraper, Screen Covers and Heated Washer Jets

Carlwaynie

T6 Pro
Which is the best ice scraper for a T6/T6.1 I’m not very tall so would need something that would reach most if not all of the screen plus it would need to be strong enough to do the job

I just use a basic scraper.

I can easily reach the middle of the screen using this method..
One foot up on the top of the tyre pulling on the top of the bonnet to help me get up there.
Easy and steady enough

Thanks for the quick reply’s… yes I will have a heated screen but side windows will need to be done so will need something

I've just bought this,

It takes about 15 minutes to warm an completely de-ice a car, but it's better than leaving it with the engine running.

I just use a basic scraper.

I can easily reach the middle of the screen using this method..
One foot up on the top of the tyre pulling on the top of the bonnet to help me get up there.
Easy and steady enough
Doesn’t work for many with wheel arch gap OCD, but they have bigger issues than ice on the windscreen;)

@Dellmassive Wow emoji as in "that's cheap", or "stupid idea you tw@, you'll set your van on fire"?
LOL . . .

My first impression was WOW - the cost of electric these days my missus would have a melt down.

i can hear her now "running a 2k electeric heater for 15mins to defrost the van - are you mad?" lol.

our electric bill is already about £300 odd a month

+++++

agreed running the van for 15mins could be band for the environment according to some.

+++++

so no criticism at all, just that i wouldnt get away with it.

++++++

our solution on the car is an ice scraper and liquid de-icer. ( Mazda, so no electric front screen)

1670668250819.png

1670668355640.png

++++++

but for the Van,

i just jump in with a hot coffee, start it up and switch on the heated front screen, side mirrors and seats. . . . then play with my phone for a few mins till all is clear.

1670668471400.png1670668528483.png1670668542111.png

unless there is snow on the screen - at which point i get the scraper out . . . .

but looking at above . . . .

i think i may invest in one of these , , , for the van and the car !!!

1670668701261.png

Definitely dell, I haven't had to scrape at all this week, just remove the cover and drive away . Mind you having the autoterm heater come on 30 mins before I leave has helped a bit too !

I'm only running it on the 1KW setting, so my maths make that less than 10p.

We've not got to the stage where we are having to bring the bread back in from the bird table, so I reckon we can stand that.

I'm only running it on the 1KW setting, so my maths make that less than 10p.

We've not got to the stage where we are having to bring the bread back in from the bird table, so I reckon we can stand that.
White or brown? ;)

Back