Battery drain issue [Resolved]

is just pushing the latch down with a screwdriver good enough?
Yes, it's perfect. Just all the locks/and latches need to be in closed position - also the van needs to be "locked" otherwise there indeed are quite a few controllers running.

Yes, it's perfect. Just all the locks/and latches need to be in closed position - also the van needs to be "locked" otherwise there indeed are quite a few controllers running.
@mmi sorry, me again! Any way of checking the amp draw while the van is locked without the alarm going off?

Reactions: mmi
@mmi sorry, me again! Any way of checking the amp draw while the van is locked without the alarm going off?
The easiest way would be to use a clamp meter (DC current) clamped over battery negative lead.
There are good pictures/explanations in this thread:

The easiest way would be to use a clamp meter (DC current) clamped over battery negative lead.
There are good pictures/explanations in this thread:
OK thanks, I don't have one but with the van unlocked and bonnet latch closed the current is just 20ma so I'm guessing it's the alarm.

Reactions: mmi
Hi guys. Don't mean to hijack a thread, but simple question on battery drain: would leaving side door open and having the warning light on the dash on all night drain the starter battery much?

@mmi sorry to jump on an old post but I'm trying to find a battery drain on mine, the amp draw is around 1.7a which seems really high but I didn't isolate the bonnet latch, just had a look and you can't disconnect the wiring, is just pushing the latch down with a screwdriver good enough?

yep just push it down with a screwdriver is sufficient, or at least on 6.1 it is ;-)

Hi guys. Don't mean to hijack a thread, but simple question on battery drain: would leaving side door open and having the warning light on the dash on all night drain the starter battery much?
We leave our door open when camping. The dash display and step lights should shut down after a short period.

We leave our door open when camping. The dash display and step lights should shut down after a short period.
Thanks. It’s a T6 conversion so no step lights, just concerned the dash light means other systems are running. Have jump start backup so will give it a try. Cheers.

Back