Battery discharging on new T6.1

Definitely looks like a knackered battery.

After having to lump start this morning, went out for over 2 hours so presume battery fully charged. Carista says 80%, which I believe is as full as it gets.

Just looked at the BM2 app and it is 12.19v. Have disconnected (as in taken out fuses) for everything other than standard VW stuff, the tracker and the BM2.

Not using tomorrow, so will leave now until Friday morning and see what the readings are.

Definitely looks like a knackered battery.

After having to lump start this morning, went out for over 2 hours so presume battery fully charged. Carista says 80%, which I believe is as full as it gets.

Just looked at the BM2 app and it is 12.19v. Have disconnected (as in taken out fuses) for everything other than standard VW stuff, the tracker and the BM2.

Not using tomorrow, so will leave now until Friday morning and see what the readings are.
Did you ever sort your battery drain situation out?

My T6 battery would flatten after 2 weeks with a tracker fitted. I had to use a charge from the leisure solar panel to keep it stable.
Hi, I appreciate this is an old thread but curious to know what type of tracker you have fitted, if you don’t mind explaining

I’ve been having issues with the battery losing charge and had wondered it the tracker might be responsible. Mine’s a Scorpion S2 (or S1?) but can’t find any specs online for typical current draw.

Been ill and had over a week in hospital, so not driven mine for maybe 6 weeks. Battery drained so much wouldn’t start! Also had battery replaced under warranty within say last 12 months or so, and VW ran tests but said no signs or parasitic current draw when previous battery was failing.

Looks like the same bloody thing is happening again.

Anyhow, if you know about the tracker on yours this would be a huge help.

Cheers,

Steve

My 2020 t6.1 had similar issues with the factory fitted 70A EFB+ battery. It had been bothering me for about 12months, just didn’t get round to sorting it till recently.

I’d get low battery warnings from the tracker (Metatrak S5 deadlock) after a few days & most notably an ACC error on start up.

This was even still happening with an Ablemail trickle charger helping to top the van battery up from the LB

I’ve since upgraded my van battery to a Bosch 80A AGM & everything seems fine now.

My feeling is the FF battery just isn’t man enough.

Old battery
IMG_4106.jpeg

New battery
IMG_4596.jpeg

I can't find any info about my tracker - anything relating to it has been lost/mislaid over the last 5 years. Now I use a trickle charger from the solar setup to keep the vehicle battery sweet.

Welcome to the forum @Lemondixon :thumbsup:

Been ill and had over a week in hospital, so not driven mine for maybe 6 weeks

On a highly electronic vehicle like a 6.1 no charge for 6 weeks is a very long time. The ECUs are sleeping but not off so the vans drawing current all the time.

I think the threshold for a fault code to be logged is around 50ma when everything should be in deep sleep - even at that low level 24 hours of draw will be about 1Ah of capacity. With a standard 75Ah starter 6 weeks would have reduced the capacity to well under the advised 50%

If you're not using the van at least once a fortnight consider some form of maintenance charger.

Back