Battery Charger Help for Newbie!

Hi All, I’m hoping someone may be able to help. I’m currently driving through Spain with my family on our first major trip in our van. All has been going fine, we’ve stayed at a couple of campsites and connected the electric successfully.

We discovered the box in the first image and found that is what charges our leisure battery whilst hooked up to the mains. Last time we camped it was fine and showing it was charging but this time we hooked up I can’t get it to turn on.

So the second photograph shows our fuse area at tue back of the camper. Are all these meant to be in the position shown?

The only thing we did differently when we disconnected from the mains at the last campsite was we did not turn off the blue box before disconnecting, could that have anything to do with it?

I know power is going to the blue unit from the mains because I have checked the three pin plug it is powered from whilst hooked up by plugging in my iPhone.

Can anyone help me figure out why we can’t get the blue box working. Yep, I have pressed the round button in the centre of the blue box and also held it on in for a few seconds.

All help hugely appreciated.

Muchos Garcias.

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3990.jpeg

First thing, plug a known working appliance into the mains socket & prove you have power. If you have power to the socket, take out the fuse from the working appliance & put it in the plug of the battery charger, plug in the battery charger & see what happens. If no joy, put the fuse back into the previously used known working appliance & make sure it’s still working.
You have now proved that you have/have not got power to the socket.
You’ve proved the fuse in the battery charger or if the battery charger is blowing fuses.
Do you have the manual for the charger?

Looks like it's one of these:

Given its a dual voltage I wonder if it's been accidentally set to a 6v charger profile?

You might see ER1 or ER2 on the display looking at the manual.

You probably want it on the first car symbol (the second seems to be a winter setting with a slightly higher target voltage)

The manual seems to say it should cope with normal and AGM batteries but I would normally expect a different charge profile setting for AGM.

Thanks for all the input.

Changed out the fuse and tested it. No issues there. I have double checked the socket is working, so power to the socket.

Looks like the charging unit has gone on the blink unless anyone else has any bright ideas.

Many thanks

I'd try the mode button and if practical disconnect from the battery (hopefully it's fused) to try and reset it.

If it has gone then consider replacing with something a bit more robust, the Victron chargers have a good reputation around these parts.

Back