B14's - rear shocks need replacing....what can I use?

DaveF

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,

My rear B14's have decided to part company with their bushes and they'll need to be replaced. I believe you can't buy just the rear shocks for these so I'd have to buy a full new set!!! Has anyone else managed to solve this with use different rear coilovers? MOT due in 2 weeks!!!

Same happened to me and I just replaced the shocks with the original ones as a temporary measure but ended up leaving them on as couldn’t tell a difference.

Hi all,

My rear B14's have decided to part company with their bushes and they'll need to be replaced.

Really? What mileage have you done on your B14s? I'm on 90k with mine slammed on the floor and a lot of weight and mine are still perfect.

we need some pics . . . . =]

My B14 bushes were split after less than 12 months and MidlandVW replaced them under warranty. Long way for me to travel but tied it into a trip to CS for new ARBs

I spent a long time on my back making sure my rear shocks were tightened up fully loaded in hope the bushes might last longer! Wondering if it was worth it now :rofl:

I spent a long time on my back making sure my rear shocks were tightened up fully loaded in hope the bushes might last longer! Wondering if it was worth it now :rofl:
There is many a rare bit who spent hours on her back only to wonder if it was worth it!

I’ll get my coat!!!

Back