Bilstein B14’s Knocking Rear Any Help Please

Stevemcc

VIP Member
Hi all , so bought the B14’s and been on for around three weeks.got to say really not happy with the banging,knocking on the rear
So removed the rear shocks and refitted standard shocks and no more knocking
Spoke with bilstein and they say I need to shave 4 bits of metal down on van at top bush area and repaint
I do have the 4 dents now on the bilstein top bushes
But no way am I grinding and painting my van to fit the shocks
Anyone have a solution bilstein really not being helpful
Thanks..

The previous fault was with the top bush, not the van. They supplied modified shock units.

How old are the shocks, which dealer did you get them from they should handle a warranty claim for you?

The previous fault was with the top bush, not the van. They supplied modified shock units.
Hi, do you know how they were modified
Just removed the standard shocks and installed a pair of stance sport
After comparing the three shocks I can see the top bush of the bilstein are different and also they are much much stiffer
I am getting in touch with bilstein in the morning so any help much appreciated
Thanks

Also spoken with Vw and the part which is causing the dents on the bilstein top bush is ,shock location lugs and should not be removed in anyway
And also would void warranty

It was a modified bush, I cant remember physically seeing any difference. Different part number

How old are the shocks, which dealer did you get them from they should handle a warranty claim for you?
Hello Bognor motors
Can I ask for some advice if it's ok.
B14 about 15.000 miles fitted sep 2019
Really bad creaking noise from one side while driving it's doing me head in.
Have put some grease on the bottom rubber on the spring and still just as bad. With the tailgate open and just pushing down on the rear you can here it

Hi thanks for your reply
I am About 65/ 70 miles away
I will have to see if I can get it to you then

That would be best.

After what we’ve seen in this last week, with suspension fitted incorrectly by a ‘so called’ suspension expert, we would want to check it all over first for correct fit, then see what the issue is.

Let me know when suits

Last edited:
Hi, do you know how they were modified
Just removed the standard shocks and installed a pair of stance sport
After comparing the three shocks I can see the top bush of the bilstein are different and also they are much much stiffer
I am getting in touch with bilstein in the morning so any help much appreciated
Thanks
The Bilstein is a MONO tube Hi pressure Gas shock , doubtful you will be able to push them in , but it certainly doesn't mean they are faulty , All Mono tube shocks are like that it is one of the reasons they ride firm . .

Back