Knocking after DMF replacement

mattymc

I had my DMF replaced on my DSG T6 under warranty and have had a knocking coming from the van ever since. There wasn't any knocking before the DMF was replacement.

I'd rather sort the issue out myself as it's a 5 hour round trip to get them to look at the van, plus the cost of fuel (at least a tank) plus the same journey with a courtesy van and another tank of fuel if I have to leave the van with them.

I can hear/feel the knock through the pedals on harsh bumpy ground and when I reverse down onto the road from the driveway/path with right hand down.

I'm tempted to book it in for a dummy MOT to see if they pick anything up that's loose that I may have missed. I'm not being believing that the timing could be a coincidence and that it could be a bush that's gone but until I get it sorted I can't make that call

So far I've checked - subframe bolts, hub nuts, shock to hub bolts (T32), brake caliper bolts, ARB mounting/clamp bolts, drop links, lower wishbone bolts. I'm going to check all of these again but I'm just wondering if I need to check anything else? Engine mounts? Shock top mounts (under the bonnet) maybe?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Matt

drop links shot .. mine were tight but drivers knocked like hell ... i'd had it all apart, gearbox, DMF ... lol

Just had my fly wheel replaced under warranty on 2019 VWT6..only 31,000 miles on clock. Very surprised at such low mileage ..only driven 3000 miles since buying it

Just had my fly wheel replaced under warranty on 2019 VWT6..only 31,000 miles on clock. Very surprised at such low mileage ..only driven 3000 miles since buying it
Considerable additional wear due to stop/start function ..?

Considerable additional wear due to stop/start function ..?
Not sure..bought the van from SMG VW Commercial in Croydon with one previous owner..must admit they have been very good dealing with the problem ..possible very heavy weights carried in van preciously????

Back