B14s, Arbs And 20 Inch Wheels And Insurance

Semisonic

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi guys

Do you need to let your insurance company know if you up grade to b14 and arbs 20 inch wheels
Does it affect warranty?

Apologies if this is a stupid question

Insurance - Yes.

Warranty - If its linked to the mods you have made it will affect warranty, if its unlinked eg engine problem then no.

My insurers are HERTS Indurance company (HIC)
When I insured with them, they just took all that in their stride, no drama or concerns at all.

Do tell though, else it’s an excuse to reduce any payout or at worst decline any payout at all.

It's definitely not a stupid question, never give your insurance company the excuse that you didn't do full disclosure in case it ever comes to you needing a payout. Chances are it won't add any cost to the premium, mine didn't, but they have it on file and can't ever say you didn't tell them.

Told my insurance about B14 and 20s and it didn’t affect policy price but it’s now stated on policy

Declared wheels, B14's, and ARB's to my insurance and it went up £3.00 a month. not as lucky as the others on here but it wasn't much at the end of the day.

I'm fairly new to this T6 world But have had modified cars before. I have insured my new camper conversation with Brentacre. I have 20" TTRs wheels, lowered 55mm, sportline front bumper and side bars. All in £495 as a daily driver. Brentacre say all non power gain mods are free. Best be up front to prevent issues if (touches wood) the worst happens.

Back