B-pillar swivel table

Nor had I , but no reason why it shouldn’t.
The only thing I would say is don't put anything too heavy on it when the long part is sticking out the van. Its something to do with Physics and the forces relative to the support but that was a long time ago.:confused:
Anyway, I'm sure you get the drift. Don't use it as a seat etc.;)

Think I’m going to buy the B pillar leg set from Chippys Workshop.

32BADF18-439D-410E-9303-CCA6963601F1.jpeg

Would I be right in thinking rivnuts would be the way to go?

If so any recommendations on insertion tools and what size rivnuts to buy?

Also, what’s behind the b pillar bracket on the photo above?

Thanks everyone for answering my questions, guess I will blindly drill holes in my pride and joy and they get the Birmingham sponner out to bash in the rivnuts.

Chill out lad, I used 4mm self tapping wing screws 40mm long and it's solid

View attachment 23991

View attachment 23990
Thats a smart looking interior. I really fancy putting my xbox in mine but then I'd never get any work done.

On another note. 40mm long screws, thats brave, mine are 20mm self tappers and a little pit of poo came out when I was screwing them in.
As @DaveBos said, I would like to know just how much distance there is behind there. Perhaps someone who has dropped the fuel tank to upgrade seats might be able to offer some knowledge?

Thats a smart looking interior. I really fancy putting my xbox in mine but then I'd never get any work done.

On another note. 40mm long screws, thats brave, mine are 20mm self tappers and a little pit of poo came out when I was screwing them in.
As @DaveBos said, I would like to know just how much distance there is behind there. Perhaps someone who has dropped the fuel tank to upgrade seats might be able to offer some knowledge?

Cheers fella I found a pic online and description said there was nearly 60mm u can remove the panel under the fuel filler if u want to see.

It's a surface pro so can charge off 12v, some Xbox games do work, keeps the kids busy

Cheers @Hickey I was just trying to prompt someone to reply. Your setup looks good. I don’t have a single front passenger seat, just a folding double, but hoping with the front folded it can be used sitting in the second row.

Cheers @Hickey I was just trying to prompt someone to reply. Your setup looks good. I don’t have a single front passenger seat, just a folding double, but hoping with the front folded it can be used sitting in the second row.
They're a brilliant bit of kit. I use my van as a mobile office on site and find the little table invaluable. It works just as well for the rear seats as it does with a rotated front seat but with both combined you can put your feet up.:thumbsup:

The length of self tappers doesn't really matter when you are attaching to a 5mm thick piece of metal! The rest of the screw will just stick out more. There is the fuel tank neck in the space behind the b pillar, you can remove the attachment for the fuel cap and have a look down.

Self tappers are ok, but a rivnut will be far superior and hold the table better.

Andy

This thread has me thinking. I got a table and leg like this with my evo kitchen and never bothered to install it as I wasn’t sure how much use it would be. Sounds like people are finding it useful so I may need to have a re-think

Does this sort of table count as the ‘fixed table’ requirement for the dvla reclassification?

@Sheap I'm sure if you too ka picture of the table in the middle space of the van the DVLA won't mind. I've heard of people putting portable gas stoves on top of the work space and getting approved.

I even put the spare piece of wood I used for the work top on top of the worktop, with a make shift piece of wood as a leg and they didn't mind.

Is the large rectangle table stable enough then? As I'm sure I read/spoke to someone and they originally said only the circle type for B pillar due to load/potential weight.

I want to use it as a desk for rear seats and also front passenger seat when swivelled round?

So best way to fit the brackets from chippy worktops? Rivnuts or self taps? :)

Back