Chickybumps

VCDS User
T6 Pro
does anyone know if it's easy to install the B pillar grab handles as found on the caravelle to a kombi (twin slider)? If so any idea on part numbers and price?

Cheers

This question has been asked before by @T6 Dave in another thread and I'm not sure there was a conclusive answer, I think the question would be what/how it fixes ?

I seem to remember some form of metal plate behind the trim but really not sure exactly where it was and if it had any fixing holes in it ie if it was intended for this to secure too ??

Just to resurrect this thread.. I’ve bought a b-pillar grab handle kit but it doesn’t like my interior trim panel..

The kit comes with the handle, metal bracing plate and screws. When I attach the metal plate to the b-pillar, the top section of the trim will not fit; it doesn’t appear to be a case of cutting out two holes for the handle to bolt to the metal plate - I looks like a wider trim panel is needed.

@Chickybumps did you have any luck?

@T6 Dave did you get any further?

To be fair, I need a new trim panel, for its been off so many times :whistle:

Intended for caravelle maybe ?
Have a look and see if the part numbers begin 7E5 thats the normal giveaway

Its not a hard and fast rule but
7E0 = standard chassis
7E5 = caravelle/multivan chassis
7E7 = california chassis

Intended for caravelle maybe ?
Have a look and see if the part numbers begin 7E5 thats the normal giveaway

Its not a hard and fast rule but
7E0 = standard chassis
7E5 = caravelle/multivan chassis
7E7 = california chassis

Cheers Paul.

The handle shows a 7E0 number whilst the metal plate shows 7H5858149A.

If I’d have read the advert properly, I’d have noticed the seller specify that a PV may require a different B-pillar trim :rolleyes:

Are there PV’s / Kombi’s out there with these wider trim panels on the upper b-pillars?

I’m hoping so, because a Caravelle panel will probably have a lower ceiling profile, which won’t match my Hilo.

Hi all,
As my wife have got a backache since several month ago I did it recently to help her to access to the van. It’s easy, not many things to do.
For the context I have got my transporter in august 2017.
To order the spare I use the site IFInterface with the path “welcome/Free services/CarProg2
First choice “Transporter”, the year and the platform, and after in the main group “Body” (Language + Volkswagen + Europe(EU) + TR +2016G + 8).
Second choice the picture 857-050 and you will get the following picture with its spare list:

upload_2019-10-21_6-49-15.png

I ordered the following spares, look below their references and prices in €:

upload_2019-10-21_6-50-29.png

1 => N 910 966 03 x2 (2,56€)
2 => 7H5 858 150 A (8,86€)
3 => 7E0 858 640 with Y20 (if you want pearl grey color) (28,93€)
4 => N 103 474 03 x2 (in place of this one I ordered N 104 422 03 to get it with washer, but it was a wrong idea as there is not quite place for them, … and now I must remove their washer) (1,06€)
5 => 7E0 857 627 A (4,70€)
Look below the bill:

upload_2019-10-21_6-51-40.png

To do it:
* remove the B pillar trim, some help to the link:
Video: How to remove your T5 / T6 bulkhead) at the time 5:50
* Repair the two holes with their captive nuts (in the picture I tested N 910 966 03)

upload_2019-10-21_6-53-13.png

* You can place 7H5 858 150 A (in the picture I painted it before)

upload_2019-10-21_6-54-30.png

* You have to sand less than 5 mm on the B pillar trim (normally this grab handle is used with the B pillar trim of Multivan, California thicker than transporter one)

upload_2019-10-21_6-55-57.png

* Result will be

upload_2019-10-21_6-57-13.png

upload_2019-10-21_6-57-38.png

I think that we should use something to hide the metal platen like felt or something else.

Regards

Yes his metal plate seems perfect like this, could you ask him some pictures and measurements of it to build the same ?
I think that his metal plate should not be very easy to do … but it's perfect !

Yes his metal plate seems perfect like this, could you ask him some pictures and measurements of it to build the same ?
I think that his metal plate should not be very easy to do … but it's perfect !
I don’t know the person, I’m afraid.

Hi "Ads_Essex,
Sorry for the delay, I can't register me to this forum to find our topic in their threads. Three time in the day I tried it and I got the following message "Registration denied. We check new registrations against a database of known forum spammers. At this time, we are unable to contact this database to verify your registration. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please do try again later".
But I find the metal platen on the site "onlinemotorstore.co.uk" but it's for A pillar trim and not for a B pillar trim:

upload_2019-10-23_6-15-59.png

Not sure also that it's a basic transporter like mine but a multivan as the B pillar trims seem to have a different thickness:

upload_2019-10-23_6-31-6.png

I have recently fitted A post grab handles to my T6 camper van and my thoughts turned to fitting a grab handle on the B post , while many advertiser's sold A post kits none had B post kits. Eventually I found a private seller with a kit for auction and I won it fairly cheaply as the only bidder ! stripped the trim fitted the bracket then found the trim would not fit back in place as the bracket bracket protruded some 10 mm further than the trim. Promptly took bracket off refitted trim everything back in box and threw the box into the failed project shelf. As a long time restorer of classic cars, bikes ,caravans and trailer tents as you can imagine the shelf is fairly full. Later in the day I started the e_mail search and a reply from OMS in Newcastle was quite enlightening , the part number for the bracket they gave me was very close to my number but not the same, but stated that I would need a trim panel from a Caravell as it was wider and thicker and they used a variety of trim fixings .. Any body out there fitted a B post grab handle or if you have one fitted could you post a picture so I see what I am looking for. Next week I am hoping to drive over to my local Lookers van centre to look to see if they have a posh van with one fitted .Any advice appreciated.

Back