Awning With Sleeping Section

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve got a swb kombi - just wondering if anyone on here has an awning / sleeping section that they would recommend

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Check out options at khyam.co.uk. they got a 20% valentines week sale going on. I personally don't use one with the t6. Used it with the motorcyel and Khyam stuff is good.

TBH we’ve never used a Khyam awning but we did have one of their tents which is more or less the same design less the connecting tunnel. Very good even in really heavy rain and strong wind until it stated leaking at the seams but that was after about 10 years. It was regularly reproofed but no matter what I tried, I couldn’t sort out the leaking seams. In the end, I sold it on eBay for spares or repairs with full disclosure of the problems and got £80 collected!

I have a Kyham that has a sleeping area that can be zipped in or out, depending upon the needs of the trip. Sometime we take the pod, sometimes we don’t. Very versatile.

We bought a Kampa Touring Air VW in the January sales after friends recommending it. So easy to put up after after being used to tents/awnings with poles.

The van net tent on these is one big section though isn’t it? We need 2 sleeping areas to avoid the kids having to talk to each other

Last edited by a moderator:
Back