Awning Gallery And Poll

Which Awning do you have

• Total voters

Loz

Admin
VIP Member
In keeping with the other gallery information topics, here is one for Awnings. Please post a picture of your awning and include the following information if you can;

Make and model (Bold and Font size 6)
approx cost
suppliers
list any extras in your photo.

{Photo of awning}

As usual, we'll keep it tidy and add new models to the Poll as they appear.

Last edited:
Reimo Palm Beach 3m with 2 side panels (one shown in photo) connected using a multirail on a LWB.
Some negatives: Side panels are longer than the height of the canopy so drag on the floor unless I angle the panels out. I wouldn't use it when there is any wind because there is a tendency for the canopy to lift away from the poles. The side panel shown gets in the way of the passenger door.

Purchased from www.thecampercoshop.com (currently £239.99)

I also have a Vango Kela III awning and will post a photo after the weekend if the trip away allows it. So far, I have only used it directly connected to the multirail which means that someone has to guide the Kador strip off and onto the van. Once I have initially pitched the awning, I mark the line of the off-side wheels with a guy rope on the ground ready to guide positioning the van onto the original spot for when I leave it.

I have a 3-piece figure-of-eight and separate Kador strip to try out which should make for a quicker get-away and mooring. However, I expect some leaks between the figure-of-eight strips if it rains.

upload_2019-9-12_15-51-27.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Suncamp swift 260 £115 off ebay.

20190908_083623.jpg

Vango Cruz,
handed down from my brother so not sure on price.

20190504_131342.jpg

Fiamma F45 Privacy Room

Paid £700 for it last November from AgentFiamma (AKA Camperlands). Paid another £60 for the extra door pole (probably not needed with this shorter 260 version), tie down kit and rain caps. Ideally, you would also need an awning skirt to close the gap beneath the van and rear wheel arch but Jo made ours herself.

They do a couple of cheaper versions (the Privacy Room Light and Privacy Room Ultralight) which we looked at but decided to go for the heavyweight version.

Still only used it on 3 trips but we really like it; for us, it is a definite step up from the Kela 3 it has replaced. It is rock solid and does not flap around in the wind - you can also place furniture, etc., right up to the edge as, unlike poly cotton, canvas, etc., water does not get drawn through the vinyl if anything touches it. Only as big as the area of the Fiamma F45 it attaches to but, unlike some of the lighter weight ones, it fits on the outside of the roof and legs to maximise room - perfect size for our needs. Another plus is no guy ropes to trip over. One downside is that, with it attaching to an existing Fiamma F45s, you are effectively tying your van to the ground meaning no drive aways - not a problem for us as we find that once pitched we never do drive aways. Another downside is the weight and size of the pack - much bigger and heavier than you might expect.

Sorry, this is the only photo I can find of ours in use.
IMG_4448.jpeg

Vango Galli II
Also known as the Hanger. Can be seen from space. You'll need planning permission to erect and a T32 with a forklift to lug it about. Hiring out potential return on your investment. Available for weddings, bar mitzvahs, raves etc.

20180731_192439.jpg

Last edited:
Back