Awning Gallery And Poll

Which Awning do you have

• Total voters
Vango Hexaway Low Airbeam
£700 from Aztec Leisure in Cornwall, plus another £20 odd for a drive away kit. It’s a living area, so no dividers for bedrooms. Approx 3x3m footprint. Detachable groundsheet. Mixture of mesh and clear windows, all with blinds for privacy.
334627E8-D84F-4748-9F22-821C41FA4659.jpeg

Outdoor Revolution Cayman Combo (2021)

One of very few awnings designed to fit either side of van. So if you’ve only one side door it allows you to change your entrance/end depending on the site you’re on or the direction you’ve parked.

Got this working well now, and have two zip on porches to make the space even bigger and more versatile.

The 2022 version is an improvement in that the canopy ends are a little bigger meaning the new zip on porch with its fitted groundsheet allows a clip in bedroom. So more flexibility if you need it. We didn’t.

I can confirm that the 2022 porch also retro fits well onto the 2021 awning (but the toggle groundsheet is a little big).

For me, it being modular means I can pack different parts of the awning in different places around the van. But granted more fiddly to set up dependant on how many of the elements you deploy. It’s two main beams are air, and the canopy eyebrows are poled. So a mix of ease/bulk reduction.

One thing I did find is that it needs the tension poles between the air beams.

2021 porch door shown below zipped/unzipped. This one has no windows. The 2022 porch (fitted on the other end) has windowed fronts.

393812A5-CC3B-4596-9063-A88F4A23F1C7.jpeg

F47F22DB-4974-4E43-A409-F791DA1B6405.jpeg4C21DAB9-7DE2-4B94-B481-ED61AD670DE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok so currently i have multiple awnings:
Vango air Kela 2 or 3
Vango poled Bondi
Kyham sun canopy with sides

However life changes now mean i have to cater for 2 small children and 2 dogs along with myself and partner. I think the Kela is going to be too small now as our camping chairs are quite big and need to fit cooking equipment a table and 2 small chairs in. I want to stick with an air awning as i think i will have to put most of it up myself, what would people recommend? I think the Galli might be the one but it seems alot bigger!

Cheers allA8C2D657-73A3-4A3A-87F2-61EAC1587521.jpegBEF610F2-370D-4F8C-A7DF-CF819E890D41.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Ok so currently i have multiple awnings:
Vango air Kela 2 or 3
Vango poled Bondi
Kyham sun canopy with sides

However life changes now mean i have to cater for 2 small children and 2 dogs along with myself and partner. I think the Kela is going to be too small now as our camping chairs are quite big and need to fit cooking equipment a table and 2 small chairs in. I want to stick with an air awning as i think i will have to put most of it up myself, what would people recommend? I think the Galli might be the one but it seems alot bigger!

Cheers allView attachment 178322View attachment 178324
Go for the Galli. We had the smaller Magra to start, only two of us but just wasn’t enough space. Also two grandkids require room. More expensive, bigger / heavier pack size, but well worth it. If you can stretch to it the TC fabric is worth it…

Can the poll be sorted A-Z please?

I did have a Vango Hexaway which didn't suit my needs (see previous posts). I've had the Vango Ellwood Air Low for a while and I get on with it well (see previous posts). I don't see it on the poll?

BUT

I've noticed Vango now sell the:

which seems to be a smaller squared off version of the Hexaway, with sewn-in ground sheet. I think my search is over. Does anybody have one?

We have a Thule Omnistor, with sunscreens that also help to keep the wind out, and a Vango Faros II. Here are two linked together to provide a a bit more space and shelter when away with the family.
50856068-0F11-45AC-829D-E1146B13B33A.jpeg

Vango Air Beam Faros II, Fiamma F45s Privacy Room + Soon to order Vango Galli III

Have two at the moment, the Vango Faros II air Beam, Fiamma Privacy Room but soon to be purchasing the Vango Galli III Air Low so should have all bases covered (we hope)

Fiamma, Quick to set up (10 mins) good for overnight stops but not drive away
pr1.jpg

Faros II, Quick to set up (10 mins) weekend awning, drive away.
vango 1.jpg

Last edited:
Outdoor Revolution Cayman Low F/G

Bought with zip on 2 man annexe and footprint for awning (got a footprint for the annexe from Amazon)

I got it on a deal from Newquay Camping for around £500

40F14E23-42CE-4126-BA96-4D73F7B96698.jpeg
Seller photos (haven’t taken many of mine)-84CDDE2B-ADBF-428D-BA4B-8E04DA7EF3A8.jpeg1979047F-00E1-4258-B626-631A9BC67794.jpeg
This is a great awning, good for a few nights away or a longer break with my daughter in the annexe.
It’s a poled awning not air which I must say I prefer as it’s so much lighter and smaller and really quick to put up.
I have a vango Rhone air awning (which is massive when packed and annoying to dry), I’ve had a olpro cocoon poled awning (which is massive when pitched, too big actually, but not great quality), a vango sky canopy with sides, which is more hassle than it’s worth and a debus canopy (which is great for a few nights).
The cayman is definitely the best combo of all the above and this plus the debus canopy really covers all bases (take that everywhere we go).
It has doors all round so can be used like a gazebo. The door in the tunnel to the van can be removed so this makes the space look even bigger.

In short really like this one, best compromise I’ve encountered so far so if anyone wants a vango Rhone let me know! (I need to recoup some of the 100s I’ve spent on this journey!!!)

Just got back from a week in East Sussex (Normans Bay) and the first outing for the new Vango Galli III. Quite easy to put up once you get it in the right position and used an electric pump to blow up the four airbeams, took approx half an hour. Great inside space which is why we bought it for longer stays. It dosen`t actually need the orange guys unless it gets really windy as the four, front and back webbing guys, hold it up fine. Only downside is it`s quite heavy when packed away, but we can live with that.

galli 3.1.jpg

Vango Como Low Air for 3 night plus stays. Last night of weekend away it stood up no issues in 30-34mph winds all night in quite exposed cliff top campsite next to sea. Also crucially was easier than I thought to take down and pack in said winds at 0800 the next morning, using the hand pump to deflate the 3 air beams seemed to help lots .

IMG_1561.jpeg

Last edited:
20220903_181107.jpg

Kampa/Dometic Sunshine Air Pro 240 VW .... not listed in the poll.

We have side-screens but in Italy it was so hot we didn't use them.

Outdoor Revolution Movelite T4E + Porch attachment.
T'is a capacious bugger, ideal for the longer trips away, too much of a faff for an overnighter, so will be looking for maybe a canopy of some form with sides/windbreaks.
Wish I never sold the Vango Elwood now.

DSC_5510.JPG

DSC_5511.JPG

I have now added the front canopy to my Khyam Motordome Tourer Lite. This adds a useful bit of extra shelter (from rain, wind or sun) and is a worthwhile addition. As it extends over the top of the awning, it should also help the main awning stay a bit cooler in the sun and drier in the rain.

IMG_8969.jpeg

IMG_8970.jpeg

Back