Awning Gallery And Poll

Which Awning do you have

• Total voters
We’ll be picking up our new camper conversion early March, can’t wait!

We’ve specced it with a Fiamma F45S wind out awning for short trips but have also invested in a Vango Cove II Air Low driveaway awning for longer trips. I like the front facing aspect and the fact it’s pretty compact.

Picture below is not mine.

DE3-CAC0-C-6-ABE-441-E-95-BC-F7-DCBEB6-A28-E.jpg

This thread has been so helpful!

The T6.1 van we are getting has a Dometic Perfect Wall for a T6 swb fitted. We would love to get a drive away awning too, I’ve been told there is a rail on the PW we can use the attach the drive away too but I can’t find if this is a 6mm or 4mm channel. Does anyone know what sort of connection we would need to look for when purchasing our drive away awning please to go onto the windout? Thanks!

This thread has been so helpful!

The T6.1 van we are getting has a Dometic Perfect Wall for a T6 swb fitted. We would love to get a drive away awning too, I’ve been told there is a rail on the PW we can use the attach the drive away too but I can’t find if this is a 6mm or 4mm channel. Does anyone know what sort of connection we would need to look for when purchasing our drive away awning please to go onto the windout? Thanks!
You can get kador strip kits which come with an adapter piece that will fit both size channels. They also make it easier to ‘drive away’ as you just pull the strip out as opposed to having to slide the tent out of the channel. Hope this helps.

You can get kador strip kits which come with an adapter piece that will fit both size channels. They also make it easier to ‘drive away’ as you just pull the strip out as opposed to having to slide the tent out of the channel. Hope this helps.

Perfect thank you! So it doesn’t matter too much whether the driveway has a 6 or 4 attachment and which size our wind out is as long as it has the channel as we can use the strip? Thought this may be the case but always good to check before purchasing the driveway. Thanks for your help!

Perfect thank you! So it doesn’t matter too much whether the driveway has a 6 or 4 attachment and which size our wind out is as long as it has the channel as we can use the strip? Thought this may be the case but always good to check before purchasing the driveway. Thanks for your help!
No worries, we had this issue when we bought our driveaway awning last year. Having the kador strip adapter does really help with detaching and reattaching when you’ve been out for the day in the van. Happy camping!

Just upgraded form the Vango Magra that I had start of last year to the Vango Galli 111 TC as needed more room for the grandkids...

I’m sure it will have been answered before but I cannot find an answer, can anyone advise where the best place to see a few awnings being demonstrated are, especially an Outdoor revolution in the North West? I know the best probably was the NEC this week but missed that boat.

I’m sure it will have been answered before but I cannot find an answer, can anyone advise where the best place to see a few awnings being demonstrated are, especially an Outdoor revolution in the North West? I know the best probably was the NEC this week but missed that boat.
Try Home Page - New and Used Caravans, 2022 Caravans, Special Edition Caravans from Glossop Caravans, Derbyshire
I've emailed them recently to view the Vango Hexaway, they said they had that on display.

We have 2 kids under 4, so multiple setups
  • Wind-out canopy (with pop up utility for ports potty and storage). Great for 2 nights with decent weather. So quick and easy to setup for short trips
  • Kampa motion air with canopy (plus with annexe). Without annexe for 5 plus days and with annexe for a week and over. We chose this for the canopy, annexe and removable ground sheet. Great when up but a hassle with 2 kids as needs 2 to put up
  • Dometic motion hub (with vw tunnel, 2 panels and annexe) - use for 2 nights if bad weather and up to 4 nights. We got this as I can put it up solo, and can attach whatever sides we want/ need. Now they have released a connector to fit 2 together I’m strongly debating letting the motion air and having 2 of these , 1 for shorter trips and 2 for longer.
  • 1654961846871.png
  • 1654961871746.png
  • 1654962006226.jpeg

The motion hub looks interesting - how does it fair in bad weather (we never have much luck with the weather)!
Better than expected. With the tunnel attachment and door panels in rain no issues. Haven’t dealt in strong winds yet but there are multiple attachments for straps.
Can also get weight bags that attach if you ever want to use it without pegs

I like the look of this simple awning, how are you finding it after a long term review?
Hi Richwill, it's a great small awning just right for us and our collie dog. We have just toured the NC500 and struggled with it in 70mph winds in Durness, but we were not the only ones. If anything it would be good if you could zip it up completely and not have a gap on two sides (front and one side) other than that I would recommend it.

Pulled the pin & I think I came away with a bargain. Outdoor Revolution Oxygen movelite 2 air beam awning. Been used twice & came with an as new Kampa electric pump for £280 :p photos to follow

Reactions: CAB
Pulled the pin & I think I came away with a bargain. Outdoor Revolution Oxygen movelite 2 air beam awning. Been used twice & came with an as new Kampa electric pump for £280 :p photos to follow
20220705_080841.jpgPut it up this morning to chack the tubes hold pressure and everything seems Okayprocessed-68dd5276-454e-48b1-a395-8cec57906d06_prBnCjOB.jpeg

Isabella Air X-Tension

Been waiting a few months on this after a long trawl of all the various air awnings options.

It’s an expensive choice, heavy (as it’s poly cotton) but meets my requirements. I wanted a fast pitch drive away that works for a 2-3 day stopover, two sides are fully removable, no groundsheets as Isabella tend to design caravan awnings for hard standing.

It’s been designed for a California, so the fit with the van is first class, they have suckers inbuilt that stick to the van - it will work with awnings on the passenger side as well. Build quality is great, but the wife tells me it misses the clever touches that Vango / Outwell manage with windows and doors.

Overall - very happy!

4ECC36BC-4DCD-4C5D-9136-11DE880D4768.jpeg

71EB48A2-4A86-4AE7-9E9C-A61E2D844340.jpeg

DD06627A-112E-4048-99C5-687BBB48AACF.jpeg

Back