Autofinesse - Aqua Coat

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
so I was browsing Halfords products and was going to buy the usual turtle spray on wax which I use after washing the vehicle to help clean the water off with a cloth.
However I decided to try something different and went for the aqua wash, after hearing good things about hydrophobic sprays... kinda didn’t believe it would work specially when all you do is spray it on and then jet wash it off... thought it was pointless...

BUT it’s worked! And after the second wash there was still good signs that it was doing it’s job of repelling the water off the parts of the panels that weren’t Caked in mud... now it’s not ceramic coating but it’s the cheap option for now!!!

6851DBE0-4AB4-465F-94D5-4B8332235D59.jpeg 4E1E64B3-22B4-4E39-A39C-0ADE8935DDFA.jpeg DE47C61A-F174-41DC-B95A-FA6EDFD57265.jpeg

Out of interest what rims are they?

So basically I live in lincs and we have hard water here....

So the benefit of the de-ionising of the water means it just runs off and you don’t need to dry it? Orrrr doesn’t leave streaks? Orrrrr what, explanation pls!
Yeah..you'll need the 30pp(?). But wash van as normal and then rinse with filtered water.

I have the filter mounted to the wall, so when I go to rinse, hose goes from power washer onto filter then just rinse with Hose.

Job done.
However, I do sometimes Karcher Vac all windows for piece of mind.

Yeah..you'll need the 30pp(?). But wash van as normal and then rinse with filtered water.

I have the filter mounted to the wall, so when I go to rinse, hose goes from power washer onto filter then just rinse with Hose.

Job done.
However, I do sometimes Karcher Vac all windows for piece of mind.

meaning you never have to use a towel again?!

all good stuff!! nothings touched my ceramic coating on the alloys though, very impressed!

Get a de-ion filter and you won't need to dry your van.. :thumbsup:
From the website, they say to fill a watering can through the filter (after washing & rinsing as normal) and use that as a final rinse over the vehicle. I imagine that would take several re-fills to acheive? I take it that you can't take the output through a hose?

From the website, they say to fill a watering can through the filter (after washing & rinsing as normal) and use that as a final rinse over the vehicle. I imagine that would take several re-fills to acheive? I take it that you can't take the output through a hose?
I output a hose.

Back