Front fog light removal

Kevin Lloyd

VIP Member
Does any one know if there are issues with the front fog lamp removal from the bumper ? I am upgrading the front headlights led drl etc tomorrow and it needs the front bumper off etc, at the same time I’m going to upgrade my front fog lights to led and just trying to preempt any problems thanks for any help here i know it short notice. Kevin

The only issues with LED's in the fog lights is less light output from them making them even more pointless in fog and condensation forming inside the lights when it rains.

Not everyone get misted up lamps, but many have done.

Reactions: DXX
Thanks dubber no mention of that on there sales pitch looks like i may have wasted £40 we live and learn. Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Just upgraded all my h4 headlamp bulbs, fogs were my next upgrade…
How did it go??
What leds did you put in the fogs in the end??

Hi Kevin,

Just upgraded all my h4 headlamp bulbs, fogs were my next upgrade…
How did it go??
What leds did you put in the fogs in the end??
went really well to be honest got the one from THQ nice and bright lovely addition on dark winding roads not sure yet if there is any light bounce back in the fog as we not had any around here. very pleased with them and easy to install.

Hi all.
I have upgraded to led ones.
But my drivers side had condensation in it?
Any suggestions to why? Or how to rectify it?
Thanks

On some LED bulbs, the O rings don't seal as well as halogen bulbs, so let moisture in. It only takes the tiniest amount to form condensation when the lens gets cold.

Given the current warm, dry weather, taken the bulbs out and drive round for a few days. The moisture should vent out through the open bulb aperture. When you re-fit the LED bulbs, put a generous smear of Vaseline on the O ring to prevent moisture getting back in.

Back