Auto Folding Wing Mirrors

Have been following this thread with interest as have just ordered one of those china boxes to fold the mirrors on lock but haven't fitted yet

I have a T6 California, April 2016, with the L modules so will try the coding at the weekend and see what happens

I'll keep you all posted

OH YEAH BABY!!!!
@Adams you are a diamond. Recoded and working. Took me a few minutes to figure out that you have to press and hold the lock button for it to function. I have saved the "before" scan for you and the controller, will email it across when I get back from walking the dog.
One question though. For the J386 module my original coding was 1400B1. In your info it suggests it should be 1500B1, and you just swap the B1 for B3. I changed the 1400B1 to 1500B3. Is that ok? I know it makes the mirrors fold but would it have caused an issue somewhere else?

OH YEAH BABY!!!!
@Adams you are a diamond. Recoded and working. Took me a few minutes to figure out that you have to press and hold the lock button for it to function. I have saved the "before" scan for you and the controller, will email it across when I get back from walking the dog.
One question though. For the J386 module my original coding was 1400B1. In your info it suggests it should be 1500B1, and you just swap the B1 for B3. I changed the 1400B1 to 1500B3. Is that ok? I know it makes the mirrors fold but would it have caused an issue somewhere else?
Great news, another one working :), id say youll be fine, i wont casue any harm, it may change the functionality of something, chances are that coding makes no difference being 4 or 5
Thanks @Loz , do you have a full autoscan?

Great news, another one working :), id say youll be fine, i wont casue any harm, it may change the functionality of something, chances are that coding makes no difference being 4 or 5

Thanks @Loz , do you have a full autoscan?
here we go;

Attachments

• Log-L44VWC-WV2ZZZ7HZHH052844-3710km-2305mi-post-wing-mirror coding.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 65
Got this working on my mates 2014 T5 today and he's well happy. Had them on my last T5 also but didn't bother this time as always forgot to turn them on, would have probably had them on my T6 if I could of seen the future. Doh !

Mine is euro 6 and Q module ,just wondering if you found the difference to euro 5
Cheers

@carlg not just yet, could really do with someone local (warrington) with one to give it a go.

@Loz thanks, very nice Cali BTW

Hi all , reading through the post trying to get my head around all the info . Can I ask the obvious questions I'm trying to find out. I've have a Euro 5 engine highline with factory fitted power folding mirrors.
I have purchased the cheep China power folding retro fitting modual and reluctant to fit it .
Are we saying that via the vcds coding my euro 5 can have via fob unlock mirrors unfold , or unfold when key inserted,then fold when key is removed or fob lock , and fob lock and hold windows close if previously open?.

Yes thats right, a few coding changes and a long press on the lock button (also closes windows) will fold mirrors and they unfold when you key on

Thanks Pauly at least I can ditch the cheapie modual and invest in the ros tec vcds and now consentrat on putting the van back together and not the wiring. The added bonus of all the extras the vcds will allow sounds worth the investment Thanks Stampie

@Stampie66 , VCDS is highly recommended to have and to hold (sorry), as keeps you aware of any errors etc and does so much like calibrating the mpg display etc that you will soon realise like myself, that it will be one of your best purchases that you will have made.

Back